Thread: Skipping Universes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skipping Universes

I am using Vixen 3 to FPP. I skipped a couple universes on the controller for elements that were supposed to be added this year, but will not be completed.

Under the output tab E1.31, i list all 12 universes on both controllers (24 universes in the list). On the first controller, I stop at universe 9, skipping 10, 11 and 12. Second controller picks up at 13 and goes through 19, leaving 20-24 unused. When I fill in the values, I can not put in 0 for FPP Start Channel, Universe # or Universe Size for the unused universes. I unchecked the active box on those universes.

What is the correct way to fill this in? Do i just remove the unsed ones from the list, and use the correct Universe number? Meaning line 1-9 matches universe 1-9, and line 10 will be universe 13. My list will only have 16 universes. I did not see anything in the manual examples touching on this. The universe numbers seem a bit mixed up in the example, not sure what that does.
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Skipping Universes

Don't confuse the line # for the Universe #, if you skip universes just don't enter them. If you only use 12 unique universe #, then you only add 12, and those are the line #s. Then in the universe # you enter the actual, unique, universe #s you use. And they don't have to be in numerical order, you enter them in the channel order that you exported the fseq in.

Pi Channels1.jpg
    Last edited by Ruppro; 11-07-2018 at 10:54 PM.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I would setup Vixen as planned for now and future. Patch all to outputs,, and export all channels.

Setup FPP with same universe and channels as exported.

In-click those universes on FPP output screen that are not to be used, or connected.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Also remember that universe numbers are just a label. They donít have to be sequential nor in order. They just need to match everywhere, vixen-FPP-controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Ruppro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, thanks, that makes sense. for now i deleted the unused universes from my FPP list.
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png