Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adding another 16 channel box. how to?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Adding another 16 channel box. how to?

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Yes you should be able to plug in the box to the PC via the LOR dongle.

Your configuration as shown should make channels blink. But it’s not the right way to do it. If you’re using color words in your element names that’s a clue that you’re missing one of the key fundamentals of vixen. The element to channel relation is usually not 1:1.
    Instead of having four elements like tree red, tree green, tree blue, tree white, you should just have one element called tree. Then you would configure color handling for that element and say that it should be multiple independent colors and those colors should be RGBW. This creates color property and a color breakdown filter for you. Then you would patch the one element to the four controller channels. You’ll notice when selecting the element that it says there’s 4 patch points available. That represents the outputs or the color breakdown filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah i am sure there better way of doing it all, I figured enough out last year to make it work.
    the trees are seprate trees that i had planed to hook together for all one color but im not going to be able to so i need to re word that i guess.
    but i noticed after i posted that . that when i click on the newer channels it didn't say color so i went in and picked different colors for each one but now on the sequence page it just shows empty blocks no colors in them not sure why and now guess that is why nothings coming on.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

they got to be something i am missing. I cant get vixen to talk to this controller at all got lights plugged in but nothing.. they all turn on in the LOR hardware. so its got to be something inside of vixen not set right.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

You plugged in your dongle before starting vixen?

Are there any lights on the LOR boxes that light or flicker when thereís data present? Are they showing data?

Is there anything in your error log showing that the DMX open device isnít starting?

Post Thanks / Like

You plugged in your dongle before starting vixen?

Are there any lights on the LOR boxes that light or flicker when thereís data present? Are they showing data?

Is there anything in your error log showing that the DMX open device isnít starting?

My old controller is working fine. Just the new one isn't.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Is it getting data?

Post Thanks / Like

Is it getting data?

When using vixen the red light is blinking. The old one is outside it's raining. Guess I try bring it in tomorrow and compare

FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Have you fixed your effects with the blank boxes? Blank boxes do indeed mean that itís not going to make anything happen.
    They likely went blank when you added the color handling because the effects previously used a color the element no longer supports.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you fixed your effects with the blank boxes? Blank boxes do indeed mean that it’s not going to make anything happen.
    They likely went blank when you added the color handling because the effects previously used a color the element no longer supports.

Yeah, I just finally got all the colors back.. all except my talking mouth it still blank boxes but the ones with color boxes should work right
    is there anything I need to do in the LOR hardware to make it work with vixen or anything inside vixen i need to do to make it work.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Should that lower box be highlighted where I could pic options or something.? I just realized it doesn't say anything down there kinda like vixens not seeing this controller why wouldn't it?

FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Well crap nevermind I just realized if you click on the dmx open at top it then highlights all that and you can stop it or start it. Didn't help still not working

FB @ langleylights

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast