Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adding another 16 channel box. how to?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adding another 16 channel box. how to?

okay guys i just paid for another 16 channel box so i will be adding it to my show this year. I want to know in the set up would i just go in and add another DMX open channel and put another 16 channels?
    Wouldn't i need to have them numbered 17-32? or what.. If someone could share a screen shot what this screen lookalike for multiple controller might help me thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Adding another 16 channel box. how to?

You just add an additional controller. FYI: Numbering is "local" for a controller so it always starts at channel 1. The numbers on the controller side of the configuration screen have nothing to do with the internal representation of elements on the right hand side of the screen.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok , I was wondering if you could tell me what program that is that you are using there ? ( I am SOOOOOOOOO far behind in changing/updating.... I still use Vixen 2.1 and am stuck on it . - Afraid of change I guess - lol )

Post Thanks / Like

vixen three

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't add more than one DMX open controller. You can only have one DMX open connected to the computer at a time.

You would need to daisy chain the two boxes. There's only one connection to the computer, and only one DMX Open output module. You'd just right click on the DMX open module and change the number of outputs from 16 to 32

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    You can't add more than one DMX open controller. You can only have one DMX open connected to the computer at a time.

You would need to daisy chain the two boxes. There's only one connection to the computer, and only one DMX Open output module. You'd just right click on the DMX open module and change the number of outputs from 16 to 32
    Alright thank you
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

ok got my box and opened the LOR hardware set the box ID to number 2. and i tested the all on all off, twinkle and shimmer efects on all channels all seem good. but when i close that out and open Vixen and play my seqence its not doing anything or does it now since its numbers (2) have to be plugged in off the #1 box first? was just making sure all was working before i took it outside.

Thanks
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know, once you set the ID in the LOR box, that tells it which addresses it's going to listen to. so if it's set to #2 that means it's going to be addresses 17-32. It shouldn't matter what order the devices are connected in or even if they're all connected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    As far as I know, once you set the ID in the LOR box, that tells it which addresses it's going to listen to. so if it's set to #2 that means it's going to be addresses 17-32. It shouldn't matter what order the devices are connected in or even if they're all connected.
    so i should be able to have it plugged inside straight to the PC and the channels its sequenced for should be working..
    i guess i map it all in vixen the correct way i did it same as the others from what I remembered. just choose the new item on the left. then the number on the right and clicked map and it says they linked them together. that is all i need to do right ,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you should be able to plug in the box to the PC via the LOR dongle.

Your configuration as shown should make channels blink. But itís not the right way to do it. If youíre using color words in your element names thatís a clue that youíre missing one of the key fundamentals of vixen. The element to channel relation is usually not 1:1.
    Instead of having four elements like tree red, tree green, tree blue, tree white, you should just have one element called tree. Then you would configure color handling for that element and say that it should be multiple independent colors and those colors should be RGBW. This creates color property and a color breakdown filter for you. Then you would patch the one element to the four controller channels. Youíll notice when selecting the element that it says thereís 4 patch points available. That represents the outputs or the color breakdown filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast