Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arduino + Vixen + Xbee + RGB LED

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Arduino + Vixen + Xbee + RGB LED

Quote Originally Posted by CMNY View Post
    ........., im limited to the megas and with Vixen maxing out at 3 controllers, I only have 162 cues.........
    I ran 4 MEGAS for my show a couple years ago. I could have run more. Why are you limited to 3??
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

I am limited to 3 if I don't daisy chain. Unless I am doing something wrong, Vixen doesn't allow you assign more than 3 com ports. In other words, I have found that I can add as many serial controllers as I want in Vixen but then when it comes time to select which com ports they are plugged in to, it only shows 3 of them in the drop down selection list. I had tried plugging in more than 3 using a USB HUB that was powered and allows up to 7 USB devices to be plugged in. The computer recognizes each of the devices and assigns them each a unique comm port but Vixen doesn't recognize more than 3 of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have to disagree. I ran 4 Arduinos and Vixen recognized all of them. I had to power the arduous before turning on the laptop. I used a 4 port USB hub. Others have used many more.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure what could be going wrong then when I try. I just attempted it again and plugged in 4 Arduinos (Prior to opening Vixen). All four devices are powered from the PC. (No external power supply). Then I open Vixen and i have 4 general serial controllers set up and when I go to select the comm port, there are only 3 of the comm devices showing on the drop down list. But now I am also noticing that the computer is only recognizing 3 of the 4 devices plugged in. So maybe this is a PC issue. I will search to see if I can find anything online about what might be causing it. I know its not the arduino because I swapped it out and tried several different ones and I know its not the usb squib because I also tried plugging the 4th device directly into the other available USB port I have on the computer. Mystery....

Post Thanks / Like

What is a squib? Is it a USB hub? Is it a powered hub, or just power from the computer? You may be exceeding the power capabilities of the computer USB port.
    Kevin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12