Thread: Attaching strips to garage and the house

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Attaching strips to garage and the house

It's nearly game time, and I'm starting to think about how to get my ideas out on the house and I'm hoping I can get some ideas from you guys.

I want to line the inside sill of my garage with lights, I'm using the strips. Any ideas for how to attach them? And in a general since how do you attach pixels and to your house? My house has a mainly brick on the front.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Attaching strips to garage and the house

I've used "J" and "F" channel to attach mine. At about the 7:06 mark it shows how I did them. In the video I have Dumb strips, but have since upgraded them to Pixels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5i2F72IyBY

3. Thanks Airwolf16 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks that's really helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little_b View Post
    I've used "J" and "F" channel to attach mine. At about the 7:06 mark it shows how I did them. In the video I have Dumb strips, but have since upgraded them to Pixels.

I'm curious what the spacing is for those LED strips in your video. Did you keep the same spacing when you changed them to pixels? Your house looks amazing btw. Wow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little_b View Post

Never though about using that for the garage, next time I am at home depot I will have to buy a piece to try for my garage next year. I tried PVC pipe but it flexes to much in the center. I was going to try steel pipe in short sections to screw together but that gets expensive quick.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what you mean by spacing, but they are 150 LEDs per strip. The Pixels Strips lined up with the Dumb strips. I was actually lazy and just zip tied the new ones over the old.

Post Thanks / Like

I went under the wood roof eaves and used little c cips from home depot for securing phone cords to a wall was a perfect fit for the rgb strips and very cheap for alot of clips.

Post Thanks / Like

1/2 in rope light tracks fit strips and pixels perfectly. Rope light tracks.JPG100_2121.jpg
    And have enough room under strips for extra wires. I used VHB tape originally but found after two years the VHB tape didn't hold under hot sun, so I had to add screws in some places.
    Note: I have my lights up all year.
    Last edited by stallionent; 11-11-2018 at 11:45 PM.