Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: arduino with vixen 3 need help getting them to talk to each other

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: arduino with vixen 3 need help getting them to talk to each other

You can use the sketch in this Thread HERE Just need to update the pin numbers.

Also you need to be sure to set a header text in the Vixen Serial controller configuration and be sure that same text is here in the sketch "FindMe" is an example can be just about anything

Code:
    // string to search for at the start of a frame so we can sync to the frame
    // you must add this string to the show player and have it sent at the start of every data frame.
    byte FrameHeader[] = {"FindMe"};

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot you already told me you are in UK.

The Victor_PV sketch is used by many and works well. If you can't get any activity in your ssr, you may have an issue with the ssr or vixen output. I would try putting an LED with 220 ohm resistor between output pin number 2 and ground to see if the MEGA is receiving vixen correctly. Of course you have to have the outputs setup in vixen correctly too.

Make sure you have the ground in the ssr tied to the ground in the MEGA
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fixed it thank you for your help I rewireded it now its running really well lol I had to wire a power to Arduino don't think the usb was powering it properly and I would like to say a massive thanks to kev for all the inboxes and all the time you have spent helping I will probably need more help along the way lol

4. Likes kev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

back again sorry for this when I programm my lights to come on in vixen its turns them off and when I ask them to go off it turns them on is they a simple way to fix this
    lol

Post Thanks / Like

Try changing the Mode Inverted to Mode Not Inverted or vice versa. Should be located in the first part of the code

// If the relays turn On and Off opposite to Vixen sequence, change "#define MODE NOT_INVERTED" for "#define MODE INVERTED"
    #define NOT_INVERTED 0
    #define INVERTED 1
    #define MODE NOT_INVERTED HERE IS WHERE YOU CHANGE IT
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Keven, I am using that same sketch to control 3 banks of 48 relays with three megas. Question with the three of them daisy chained together do I need to change the header on each mega to allow vixen to send the code to all unites at the same time? and will only the one with the proper header will respond to the data being sent? My first time trying this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsyfy View Post
    Hello Keven, I am using that same sketch to control 3 banks of 48 relays with three megas. Question with the three of them daisy chained together do I need to change the header on each mega to allow vixen to send the code to all unites at the same time? and will only the one with the proper header will respond to the data being sent? My first time trying this.
    How are they daisy chained?

Generally, no, you do not need to change the header. You need to connect each MEGA to it's own comm port via it's own USB connector.
    Kevin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12