Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone here who runs multiple led strip ws2812 using arduino mega and Vixen 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: anyone here who runs multiple led strip ws2812 using arduino mega and Vixen 3

Quote Originally Posted by crees View Post
    I have been down this road. If you plan to do small LED installations then the arduino may do the job. However if you want to do several universes of pixels then you need to look at running over ethernet and going with a faster platform. Look at the teensy or ESP chips. they have the power and the ability to connect to networks over wifi or ethernet.
    My plan is really just to do 16ch relay and arduino mega, but i have looked at the pixel strip they look cool. I didnt know that running a ws2812 pixel strip will require quite amount of work.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: anyone here who runs multiple led strip ws2812 using arduino mega and Vixen 3

Check out Andrew Jensenís work. Pretty close to what your trying to do. Last year he added the pixels. You can do some cool stuff with the relays etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

https://youtu.be/AfHjlzBv7lA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jian_14611 View Post
    I have read some thread about this Renard. and it has something to do with espixelstick. i am very new to this and i am very confuse now. Renard is a board and espixelstick is another board. Is it possible to run 6 led strip on 6 outputs using just the arduino mega?
    Renard is a protocol. That protocol became very popular for driving Relays and dimmable SSRs. The boards that supported that protocol were also called Renard Boards, making it a double use of the term Renard. The Device that sends Renard formated data can be a PC, Raspberry PI, ESP Stick and many others. There is even a store that has called itself the Renard store and sells boards that accept the Renard protocol to drive the outputs on the board.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crees View Post
    https://youtu.be/AfHjlzBv7lA

I noticed that the flow of light in his pixel is not fast like mine, but the sinc of the music is awesome. I guess ill keep it that way then. I just need to select a song that is not too fast. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that the flow of light in his pixel is not fast like mine, but the sinc of the music is awesome. I guess ill keep it that way then. I just need to select a song that is not too fast. Thank you
    replied to my one quote. Lol. I didnt know that you can actually adjust the flow of light in the effects in Vixen. Now i am good without ESPixelstick for now.

Post Thanks / Like

getting the light and music in sync is what the sequencing is all aboout. you asdjust the lighting effect to reflect the moode you want your viewer to experience.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12