Thread: Ray Wu WS2811's and PixNode Trees from Holiday Coro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ray Wu WS2811's and PixNode Trees from Holiday Coro

Does anyone know / have experience installing these pixels in a PixNode tree from HC?

They go out of their way to make sure you check that your pixels will fit before you order, and explicitly state they will not take returns for pixels that don't fit. That leads me to believe that there are a LOT of pixels out there that wont???

The site says this, exactly:
    NOTICE: This product has a hole size of .43" to .45" (10.9mm to 11.43mm) - If using non-HolidayCoro sourced nodes, ensure that your nodes will fit this hole size.

I have no way to measure them down to .02 of an inch?

Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ray Wu WS2811's and PixNode Trees from Holiday Coro

A caliper is a nice tool to have but I'm not sure an accurate measurement would give you an absolute answer. The only way to know for sure is to take a risk but as you mentioned, HC has a tough policy on returns. If you don't get an answer then you might consider buying just one before making a large purchase and being stuck with something you can't return.

I have some mini trees from Boscoyo studios that have worked with all of the pixels I've tried. They're well made and look awesome. They also have several different sizes and options.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ray Wu WS2811's and PixNode Trees from Holiday Coro

I used Holiday Coro's Pixel Trees last year, and I had bought my Pixel Nodes from either E-bay or LED Express, not sure and probably used from both. The nodes were actually a little smaller than the holes, so they pop out easily. I have to put a handful back in when moving them around, but they stay in place otherwise.