Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Network Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Network Question

Have you tried testing on another network? Family member, neighbor, old WiFi router?
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JLStout View Post
    I haven’t tried the 2.0 firmware. Should I be? The other weird thing is they will connect to my ap for 30 seconds or so. I can see them on the client list. Then they disconnect and fall back in ap mode.
    You may want to try the 1.4 version, going back to before Shelby changed the way the configuration data was stored on the ESP, before the Flash updater
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

What version are you actually trying to use on the ESPs?

I ran all of last year on 3.0rc3. I found that version to be very stable. I didn't switch to 3.0 because it was already getting late by the time it was released and 3.0rc3 was already working very well. I haven't switched any of the existing stuff over to 3.0. I do have 3 new serial versions I just loaded 3.0-serial to. I wired those up with full differential output chips, so I can use them with real DMX gear for a concert at the end of this month.

I don't see any reason to go with anything earlier than the 3.0rc3 version. The older versions lack a lot of features and functionality that is in the 3.0 branch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JLStout View Post
    I have some new esp modules coming from addicore. Just confusing because I am still not sure if Iím having an issue with my ap or the esp modules.
    #17 post in this thread may help solve your issue

Post Thanks / Like

That is the AP that I have. I don't think that is the problem though because my phone sees it just fine all around my house, including the backyard and inside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    I run my system isolated from the internetÖ..just need to manually set the time once in a while, because it looses 2-3 seconds a day, otherwise everything is good.

For Switch vs Router . . . I think somewhere in the system you should have a router. I tried a switch too, but the router was a snap.
    @mrgrumpy I was just curious to exactly how you have your system set up. I have all (wireless) EsPixelsticks too. I have a Pi to run my show from or I can do it from a laptop. Are you connecting your laptop (that has your show) do you have this connected to a wireless router setup as an AP? If so do you have the laptop connected into one of the LAN ports or do you have it in the WAN port (where the internet would be plugged in)?

I have an extra router or I also have an ubiquti EdgerouterX & with a nanoststion. I have 2 networks set up on my EdgeX set up one for the show & one for my home network, but my home network has restrictions I canít seem to fix. So if I could just use my laptop & the extra router (in AP) mode not connected to the internet that would work & my home network would function as needed.

Sorry for the Lang post just trying to explain clear as possible. Thank you for any information!

Post Thanks / Like

Simple setup.....
    Pi cable connects to router (with WiFi or additional AP) = FPP eth0
    wlan0 in set to home network so I can access FPP from desktop, laptop or cell.

I run everything on FPP as a player

I have more, but this is the basic.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Would any of you guys be willing to troubleshoot a couple of these gece espixelsticks for me if I mailed to you? Just want a difinitive answer to what is wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

So I got my new ESP modules from Addacore today. Managed to get an existing one unsoldered without hosing up the board too bad, and soldered in the new one. Programmed and tested, seems to be working right. Connected to my AP and I was able to test function with the web browser. A question about that though. Why does it have the IP and all the setup information grayed out when I connect with the web browser when it is connected to my AP? Just brought it in the house and booted up in AP mode and SSID and password are not on there. Also channel configuration is not there. What the heck?

Post Thanks / Like

Should I leave the AP fallback unchecked? Is it normal for it to do that when it goes to AP fallback mode?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast