Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Network Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Network Question

When these fallback to ap mode, how far away should I be able to connect with my phone? Really starting to think I got some bad esp modules, especially since 14 out of 20 would not connect after programming. My ap is about 6 feet off the ground. Direct line of sight to all esps within 60 feet and it doesn’t see them.

Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to get to them in AP mode at least a good 50' away. As a point of comparison, my AP is 25' off the ground, on a mast above my chimney. I'm able to successfully connect to the AP with the ESPs in my workshop in the basement. That's over 2 stories away, with roof and floors in between.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not getting anything close to that. I can see my ap from my back patio with my phone on the other side of my stucco house. Esps not connecting straight line of site less than 50’ away.

Post Thanks / Like

I was playing with Fall Back a while back and learned that I needed to turn off my SSID radio to connect. If there was any signal, it would not fall back. . Alternately, I set a invalid SSID in the ESP so it couldnít see a Valid SSID an did the fall back.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using Shelbyís espixelsticks, or one of the other designs? Iíve found the espixelsticks to have the most stable power section and it gives better reliability.

In my case, the AP is a nanostation. Technically the inside of my house is well outside of its stated coverage area, yet it still works fairly well inside.

To be honest, I havenít messed much with fallback mode. Mostly because I never need to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Using Bill Porters GECE ones. Flashed with Shelby's flash tool. I am having terrible luck with these things. A bunch of the first ESP modules I bought would not connect. Bought some more on Amazon and they appeared to work, but lost the firmware on power cycle. Starting to wonder if I just have a bad bunch of ESP modules.

I can see my AP through the stucco to the inside of my house with a strong signal, that is why I am wondering if it is the ESP modules.

Post Thanks / Like

Another question about AP fallback. When these things lose connection to my AP, and go into fallback mode, they lose their SSID and password. This can't be normal. Still stuck on the fact that I must have got a bunch of faulty ESP modules. Using Shelby's 3.0 firmware.

Any one have any other ideas? Running out of time to get this stuff working.

Post Thanks / Like

Are your esp-01 modules with the puya chips ?
    Have you tried an earlier firmware release ?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t tried the 2.0 firmware. Should I be? The other weird thing is they will connect to my ap for 30 seconds or so. I can see them on the client list. Then they disconnect and fall back in ap mode.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some new esp modules coming from addicore. Just confusing because I am still not sure if I’m having an issue with my ap or the esp modules.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast