Thread: Sound improvement on Rasberry PI with Falcon player

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sound improvement on Rasberry PI with Falcon player

hi running my lightshow from a pi 3 b board with Falcon player installed. I have 4 speakers and a FM transmitter. They all get the sound from the PI and then I split the signal quite a lot of times. This makes the quality of the sound very poor a lot of noice in the speakers and the transmitter. Could you give me some input how to improve the quality of the sound?. Please be a bit detailed as I am quite new to a lot of all the hardware stuff that can be used :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sound improvement on Rasberry PI with Falcon player

The issue is not so much with the splitting but the base quality of the PI audio. Get a proper audio device. The HiFi Berry works well. Many people use USB Audio devices with good success. Then get a good quality Amplifier. FYI: You should not split the Line output going to the FM transmitter. If you need to feed multiple devices you need a mixer with multiple outputs.

My setup goes from the HiFi berry line out to the transmitter line in. Then when I want a speaker I get a radio and tune it to my station and drop it where I want the sound. That way I have only power lines running around and nothing picks up any noise from the environment.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely agree with Martin. You should be taking your signal straight to an FM transmitter, then using small boomboxes for local audio.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you need the mixer.

Pi- USB MIXER- transmitter , can't remember the small one I am using but it's the same as the johnsons family light show he uses in his YouTube video. Takes its power from the pi as well and not much larger then the pi itself.

Then use an old antenna radio to send the sound to speakers. I use an 80s radio with hardline speaker wire and disconnected the originals and got 2 sets of the cheap best buy outdoor speakers and mounted them under the eve of the house. So they are hidden and ran hardlines to them from the cheap 80s radio in the garage.

Signal quality is perfect now, sounds just like a. Radio station.