Thread: Renard Xbee, E1.31 Sandevice, and ESP-01 wifi from the same computer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renard Xbee, E1.31 Sandevice, and ESP-01 wifi from the same computer

How do you individuals that have used Renard controllers with Xbee radio's add to your setup E1.31 controllers like Sandevice and ESP-01 modules?
    Is it possible to run the show from serial and ethernet at the same time?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Renard Xbee, E1.31 Sandevice, and ESP-01 wifi from the same computer

Yes it is possible to use both serial and ethernet connected devices. I do it all the time.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Renard Xbee, E1.31 Sandevice, and ESP-01 wifi from the same computer

Thank you for the reply, I didn't want to modify the Renards to wifi since I have all the controllers run by Xbee. I got bit by the nutcracker bug and moved into pixels a couple seasons ago. I hung onto my Renard controllers and LED strings and they have been idle. I want to start putting back some Renard controllers into my xlights sequences now that AC light control has been added to the software. I put a lot of $$ into them along with the tons of ac LED strings and hate not to use them.
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

What I want to do is have four Renard SS8's running from the xLights software along with a E682 and multiple ESP-01's on Pixel POPs.

How do I set up the Renards which will have Xbee module on them in the Network? Also, Do I have to give each Renard a different start address? So far I can't get the first Renard with Xbee to do anything. I don't know if I have it set up correctly. I can't do the other three if I can't get the first one to respond.
    2018 Network page 2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you need to consider all the Renards as "one controller" for all the Renard channels, so it would be one universe of 32 channels. If you're using the 16F688 chip in the SS8's, then the first SS8 would be start address 0, the second SS8 would be address 1, the third would be address 2 and the fourth address 3. If you're using the 16F1825 chip in the SS8's, the start addresses would be 1,2,3,4 respectively.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store will be closing at the end of this year.
    While it's still open, please check us out for blinky-flashy gizmos that nobody else on the planet makes!

Post Thanks / Like

Your renards need to be all one universe. Also, baud rate should be 115k, not 57.6.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah! I just about have given and decided to try to go back to hard wire to the Renards. I haven't tried 115k yet.
    thanks