Thread: Channel for LED strips where I can also run wire inside it? So I can re-inject power

Post Thanks / Like

Default Channel for LED strips where I can also run wire inside it? So I can re-inject power

I'm running some 144/m IP65 strip, and ideally I'd like an extruded channel of some kind that I can mount the LED strip to AND run power and ground wires in 16 gauge or so. So I need something that can carry the wire, or has a separate layer I can run the wire in, or is elevated so I can run the wire behind.

Does anyone know of a good channel for this purpose?

All I really want to accomplish is:

- Run self-adhesive IP65 strip in a straight line
    - Be able to inject power ever 2m or so
    - Be able to carry the wires from the power supply so that I can inject power

Thanks!
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Channel for LED strips where I can also run wire inside it? So I can re-inject p

I used 1/2" rope light tracks: $T2eC16V,!w0E9szNZI-(BRguJ14stg~~60_57.JPG Got mine on ebay. Not UV proof, the clear will yellow over time (mine are still up since 2015.
    There is enough room for power injection wires.
    100_2121.jpg100_2122.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Channel for LED strips where I can also run wire inside it? So I can re-inject p

Just an idea. Run the power on the outside of the channel. Get wire color to match where ever you are placing the channel and hang along the top probably with some zip ties.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for a "stiff" channel, then you may want to look at http://www.holidaycoro.com/12mm-Stri...lder-p/766.htm. We used these in display cabinets to hold our strips. I've also used them outside under some eves. The ones in the cabinets are still working very well, going on their 5th year.

We don't use strips any more, but do use the 1/2" rope light tracks (shown in post #2) to hold standard bullet nodes.
    Live, Laugh, Love.