Thread: Is anyone running LOR boxes in Xlights?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is anyone running LOR boxes in Xlights?

I am trying to get My LOR boxes to run in Xlights. I have 192 LOR channels In one universe #19 they are in DMX. I bought a DMX to LOR cat 5 cable from Holiday Coro but it didn't help. I tried running the light test but No response from the LOR Boxes. All the pixels work fine. The whole show was brought over and converted to xlights with the help from two members on this board. Every
    thing else works fine.
    Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to get them working?
    Thanks for your help.
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is anyone running LOR boxes in Xlights?

I know lor runs off it I had tested several boxes a friend was selling and got them all working been a while and without one in hand I can't rmember how I did it but was hard
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TazChaLet View Post
    I know lor runs off it I had tested several boxes a friend was selling and got them all working been a while and without one in hand I can't rmember how I did it but was hard
    Well if I get them to work I will post it so all will have less problems doing it.
    If you ever get to Bradenton stop in to see my show.
    John

4. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What DMX controller do you have the LOR boxes connected to? The DMX to LOR cable only crosses the necessary wires.....
    I use a bridge. One output is configured for DMX and then I connect the DMX to LOR cable from that output to the 1st LOR controller.
    You can run the LOR controllers in DMX mode, but you still need a controller that outputs DMX data.
    Phil

6. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrNeutron View Post
    What DMX controller do you have the LOR boxes connected to? The DMX to LOR cable only crosses the necessary wires.....
    I use a bridge. One output is configured for DMX and then I connect the DMX to LOR cable from that output to the 1st LOR controller.
    You can run the LOR controllers in DMX mode, but you still need a controller that outputs DMX data.
    I have a e-131 bridge and if I use it with the cross over cable then do I leave the LOR boxes as is or do I have to run the boxes in a DMX mode?

Post Thanks / Like

If you have the correct cable, the controllers will know it is DMX and work that way. You do need to set your start channels however

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
    I have a e-131 bridge and if I use it with the cross over cable then do I leave the LOR boxes as is or do I have to run the boxes in a DMX mode?
    As plasmadrive said, the LOR controller will automatically know it is in DMX mode.
    Have a look at this video, it explains things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLRozcgbtjY
    Phil