Thread: Xlights to LOR adapter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Xlights to LOR adapter

I bought cat5 to LOR adapter from Holiday Coro to run my LOR boxes out of Xlights but I can't get it to work. Does anybody no what cable adapter that will work?
    Is there anything else I need to do?
    Any help to get my LOR boxes to run in Xlights would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Xlights to LOR adapter

Approximately 4 or 5 years ago I tried doing same thing what you’re trying to do. Here's what I remember, I purchased a Active DMX Dongle from Holiday Coro and after many hours of trial, error, and laptop rebooting I could never get the DMX Dongle to communicate to the LOR properly. Later, I tried communicating to my LOR via a Holiday Coro AlphaPix 16 using the RS485 DMX Outputs and had it functioning with relative ease in xlights. A jumper had to be removed on the LOR mother board to put the LOR in a “Standard DMX” mode from the default “LOR DMX” mode and I had to make my own CAT5 “LOR DMX” to “Standard DMX" crossover cable for the light controller and the LOR to communicate. If a CAT5 cable is installed without a proper LOR to Light controller crossover cable the RS485 DMX port on the light controller will be fried because of a large voltage difference between the two devices. Here a link on how make a LOR to DMX crossover cable, http://www.holidaycoro.com/kb_results.asp?ID=46