Thread: Connection to antenna - just want to make sure I order the right part

Post Thanks / Like

Default Connection to antenna - just want to make sure I order the right part

I am swapping out my home made antenna for one from jpole-antenna.com. It has the SO239 connector on it. On my vast FM02 I have an adapter to make it a BNC connection.

I'm assuming this is the cable that would work for me. BNC male to SO239 Male jumper pigtail

Antenna connection
    j-pole connector.jpg

Vast FM02 connection
    FM-connector.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track but I wanted to check. Also would going to a 15' length of cable instead of 6' be to long of a cable to use? I would prefer 15' but I can rearrange things to make the 6' work.

-
    Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Connection to antenna - just want to make sure I order the right part

I use a 30' cable and do not have any signal degradation. I bought high quality cable (cost as much as a kid) with the ends already on it.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Connection to antenna - just want to make sure I order the right part

We use pasternak at work, very fast shipping, cables made to length specified or standard lengths. Min order is $25. Rg142 is a doubleshielded cable with very low loss.

Post Thanks / Like

You were not kidding about the cost, that $25 is easy to hit. Thank you both for the help on what to use.

-
    Jason