Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any alternatives to pigtail cables for waterproof connections?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Are there any alternatives to pigtail cables for waterproof connections?

Unlike all of these, I use cheap JST connectors liberally coated in Corrosion X gun oil and wrapped in a freezer bag. I never have issues from moisture. On occasion I trip on a wire and pull out a lead. I have also found that some manufacturers have poor crimps so I do get some infant mortality on the connectors. Most times I can visually inspect them and weed out the ones that will fail. At less than $1USD per set, I do not mind throwing a few away.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Are there any alternatives to pigtail cables for waterproof connections?

Can anybody post some shots of what their power injection branch connection from the source and to the pixels looks like?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    Can anybody post some shots of what their power injection branch connection from the source and to the pixels looks like?
    Have you thought of using the wiki ?

4. Thanks XmasinVancouver thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Have you thought of using the wiki ?
    Yes, absolutely. It's an indispensable resource that I read even when I didn't need power injection. However, MS paint drawn line diagrams representing a connection aren't very detailed as far as how the connections are made, just where.

PS: Thanks to Angus40, just successfully powered up my first e682 built from scratch WITHOUT any arcing or smoke Thank you again my good man!

6. Likes outbreak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    Yes, absolutely. It's an indispensable resource that I read even when I didn't need power injection. However, MS paint drawn line diagrams representing a connection aren't very detailed as far as how the connections are made, just where.

PS: Thanks to Angus40, just successfully powered up my first e682 built from scratch WITHOUT any arcing or smoke Thank you again my good man!
    That is great to hear ! The e68x controllers are excellent for the Diyer .
    My first experience with pixels was in assembling an e681 kit from SanDevices and I will never for get that .
    I am happy to have been able to help out in you achieving your success on your endeavour .
    Now get testing ... woot .
    Best of luck

8. Thanks XmasinVancouver thanked for this post
    Likes XmasinVancouver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezellner View Post
    I use the single wire connector for data and the double wire connector for power and ground which keeps things straight and accommodates power injection more readily than a three wire connector.
    Can you show me what power injection looks like using your method?

I would also like to use the 1 pin connectors for data and the 2 pin connectors for power. Connecting two strings without power injection would be simple enough. What are you doing to connect two strings with power injection?

Thanks!

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 - 72 Renard Channels - Roughly 4,200 Lights - 3 Sequenced Songs

You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ8...yLJieEEwDto7xg

Hoping to add Pixel Arches and Roof Llines in 2018!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12