Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LOR controller in DMX.. Need your help..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LOR controller in DMX.. Need your help..

Thanks a ton for chiming in Jon. I have the boxes all addressed in LOR 1-9. I have Open DMX in V3 with 144 channels and the channels are all mapped correctly. I checked in graphical view and reconciled with my spreadsheet. The pairs are what is troubling. (3,4 / 7,8 / 11,12 / 15,16) Effectivly half of the unit. Its too symetrical and too repeatable... I am missing something, or there is a bug..

When I move the ethernet from unit 1 to unit 3 and send the test sequence, skipping unit 1 and 2. The same (3,4 / 7,8 / 11,12 / 15,16) arent working.

Post Thanks / Like

What happens if you readdress the boxes so that #3 is #1, and #1 is #3. Does the problem follow whatever box is given ID #3, or does it stay with the same box?

I don't have a testing rig here that could emulate your hardware configuration close enough to test for potential bugs.

BTW, there's no Ethernet involved here. You have a DMX signal on an RJ45 connector.

Post Thanks / Like

OK GOOD call... So when I reassign that to 1, all light up. So.... what does that mean? When I address it as 3 it skips those 8 channels.

Yes i know it is DMX, I was speaking more of the Ethernet as a physical cable rather than the communication.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that means the controller hardware is fine.

That pattern strikes me as too coincidental. Every other pair of channels, on only the 3rd controller.

What are you using to test the outputs? Are you using just something like a set level on those particular channels?

5. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Set level. I'll try Pulse at 100%

Post Thanks / Like

What’s the color configuration on those elements? Are you using an effect with the right color for that element?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yea so these are White and Blue on a megatree. I tried Pulse, 100% with the right colors. I tried all the configs. all dont work on the pairs. I agree with the pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

Capture.JPG

These are the channels that are in question

Post Thanks / Like

While I'm pretty sure it's not related to your problem, That's not really the right way to go about defining RGBW elements in Vixen. You should only have one element that encompasses all 4 colors. You'd then define the color handling as multiple independent colors, with the RGBW type. Then when they get patched, you'll see the color breakdown filter with one input and 4 outputs. Each output going to the appropriate channel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    While I'm pretty sure it's not related to your problem, That's not really the right way to go about defining RGBW elements in Vixen. You should only have one element that encompasses all 4 colors. You'd then define the color handling as multiple independent colors, with the RGBW type. Then when they get patched, you'll see the color breakdown filter with one input and 4 outputs. Each output going to the appropriate channel.
    I'm not really following. Could you point me to the help area that covers this? These arent Pixels or color controlled elements. I set the color there for the simulator.
    Last edited by Ruthless; 10-15-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast