Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LOR controller in DMX.. Need your help..

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOR controller in DMX.. Need your help..

So I have 9 LOR boxes, 7 of which I just got over the summer. I have reset all unit IDs. and they all test fine in the LOR hardware utility. Can light up all fine.

Now when I run it through Vixen 3 all but 3 of the 9 units are working fine. And the units are 2, 5 and 8. So its not like the RJ45 signal isnt working..

Any ideas?? for next troubleshooting?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LOR controller in DMX.. Need your help..

As an update, I have reset all unit IDs. Deleted and recreated 144 Channels open DMX and remapped all lights. Its working better but some of the channels aren't lighting. Any ideas?

I found out through LOR that the RJ45 wasnt significant, that would pass anyway. The problem is in Vixen somewhere in my config... ? ANy ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

OK.... STUMPED!! I am hooking up 16 strings to each box and testing. After I rebuilt in Vixen. mapping is confirmed. Box 1 and 2 in the chain are working 100%. Box 3 3,4,7,8,11,12,15,16 arent working. They ARE ALL working in the LOR tester.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    OK.... STUMPED!! I am hooking up 16 strings to each box and testing. After I rebuilt in Vixen. mapping is confirmed. Box 1 and 2 in the chain are working 100%. Box 3 3,4,7,8,11,12,15,16 arent working. They ARE ALL working in the LOR tester.

Thoughts?
    First one LOR unit 3 on. Second vixen 3 all those mapped channels set level.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I find it odd that it's in pairs. 3,4 / 7,8 / 11,12 / 15,16

Post Thanks / Like

have you tried dmx pro not sure if it is your problem but something to try I had only tested the lor single for a friend before selling them for him and cant remember how I had it setup
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

I havent tried... thought DMX Open was the right one. Worth a try for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

DMX Pro wont connect ot link to the LOR network. The link light didnt go solid when vixen launched. It does as soon as I add open DMX. Was worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure either I know I have some dmx boards and I use dmx pro to run them like I said was like a yr ago that I had tested all the lors for a friend and cant remember how I had them setup
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

First off, DMX Pro and DMX Open aren't at all compatible. They're two completely different methods. Using the LOR dongles in DMX mode requires Open DMX. So since DMX Open gives you the signal confirmation, that's definitely what you need.

I have very little experience with the LOR hardware and don't know much about the addressing configuration and such. If I recall from reading the manuals a while back, setting the unit ID offsets the DMX start address by 16 x ID. So it doesn't make a lot of sense to me how channel 1 of a box would work right, but others on the same box don't.

That just leaves patching. Are you certain that you have everything patched correctly in Vixen? Are you sure that the DMX Open controller is configured for at least 144 outputs?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast