Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LOR controller in DMX.. Need your help..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LOR controller in DMX.. Need your help..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    I'm not really following. Could you point me to the help area that covers this? These arent Pixels or color controlled elements. I set the color there for the simulator.
    Thanks for the refrence page. Read it and I think i have it set up right. Single Color. Capture.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

No, that's not correct. Another way to think of it is that if you're using color descriptors in the element names, you're probably on the wrong track.
    For RGBW, you should have 1/4 the number of elements than you have controller channels. Your elements should be Back 1, Back 2, etc... Each of those should use the "multiple independent colors" option, and pick RGBW from the dropdown.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    First off, DMX Pro and DMX Open aren't at all compatible. They're two completely different methods. Using the LOR dongles in DMX mode requires Open DMX. So since DMX Open gives you the signal confirmation, that's definitely what you need.

I have very little experience with the LOR hardware and don't know much about the addressing configuration and such. If I recall from reading the manuals a while back, setting the unit ID offsets the DMX start address by 16 x ID. So it doesn't make a lot of sense to me how channel 1 of a box would work right, but others on the same box don't.

That just leaves patching. Are you certain that you have everything patched correctly in Vixen? Are you sure that the DMX Open controller is configured for at least 144 outputs?
    Is there a patching TEST we can try?

5. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    No, that's not correct. Another way to think of it is that if you're using color descriptors in the element names, you're probably on the wrong track.
    For RGBW, you should have 1/4 the number of elements than you have controller channels. Your elements should be Back 1, Back 2, etc... Each of those should use the "multiple independent colors" option, and pick RGBW from the dropdown.
    I get what you are saying.. that makes sense.. I am testing with a second megatree element...
    Capture.JPG

7. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said, I don’t think the improper setup is contributing to your problem. I just wanted to mention it since it I saw it in your screenshot. It will still work with it setup how you did it, but many of the effects won’t work right because they’re not designed for such a configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Follow Up for those paying attention:

problem solved. There was a discrepancy in the color configuration on all of the blue and white elements for the megatree. It looks like blue and white had been swapped at one point and the color property was changed, but the color breakdown filters were not changed. This resulted in elements that allowed colors that would never pass thru the filters connected to them.

When you change the color configuration for an element, the best way is to use the configure color handling wizard and just replace the existing properties and breakdown filters all in one step.

11. Thanks Ruthless thanked for this post
    Likes TazChaLet, Ruthless liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123