Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E682 Kit assembly: resistor network part confusion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: E682 Kit assembly: resistor network part confusion

Hi, as far as I can tell the resistors you have a most likely to be correct, but you’ll need to email Jim to confirm.

With regard to the 271 / 151 arrays:
    Plug the eight remaining 270 ohm (part number containing “271”) resistor networks into the 64 pin (2x32) SIP socket row. They are not polarized. The eight 8 ‐ pin networks will completely fill the 64 socket holes. Note: other values may be provided for these 8 resistor networks, but they will be 8 Identical parts.
    With regard to the 472 arrays:

Resistor networks RNA and RNC should be installed with pin 1, indicated by a white line or dot on the part, towards the right (RNA) or the top (RNC). The parts currently being supplied for RNA and RNC are not polarized parts, but there is a compatible polarized version that can be substituted, so it’s a good idea to properly orient pin 1 of these parts.
    It looks like this part has had to be substituted with the polarized part and that the 8 pin was not available ether. If the circuit is as I suspect these will be fine but you will need to trim off a lead from one end. Please email Jim to check though.
    It is very important that the lead you cut off is the correct one, it must not be at the end with the white line or dot (nail clippers work well for trimming leads close to the body).

2. Thanks angus40 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just built a more recent kit as well. There was a note stuck to the parts bag indicating that some of the resistor bridge values had been changed to increase distance to first pixel. However, the number of pins for each type did NOT change (they are all 8 pins). The part numbers I have are RX-2-151LE used in 9 places and L83S4721616 in 2 places.
    Ed
    Happily retired

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezellner View Post
    I just built a more recent kit as well. There was a note stuck to the parts bag indicating that some of the resistor bridge values had been changed to increase distance to first pixel. However, the number of pins for each type did NOT change (they are all 8 pins). The part numbers I have are RX-2-151LE used in 9 places and L83S4721616 in 2 places.
    And THIS (as well as the other replies), is why I post this stuff here! Your cumulative knowledge is the only way people are able to break in to this hobby. Anyone, even seasoned tech guys, usually take one look at what it entails, and their eyes glaze over and they say, "yeah, never mind" lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to provide an update to this post that should also be considered the resolution should anyone come across this down the line. Hello people of the future �� Have we landed on Mars yet? Lol.

I heard back from Jim at sandevices. He confirmed it was a screw up on their part, and offered to either ship it, reimburse me for local procurement, or the below work around:
    You can use the 9-pin 472 networks at RNA and RNC as follows:

Using 9-pin '472' resistor networks in place of 8-pin networks
    at RNA and RNC on E682:

Note: POLARITY IS IMPORTANT WITH THE 9-PIN NETWORKS, PIN 1 IS
    DESIGNATED BY A STRIPE OR A DOT.

RNA: cut off pin 9, (opposite end from pin 1) and install the 9-pin
    network with pin 1 to the right (near J26).

RNC: cut off pin 9, install network with PIN 1 up, near J22.

And there you have it! Case closed. Thanks all for the input, and Jim for being a stand up guy with his product.

6. Likes ezellner, TazChaLet liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12