Thread: I have bunch of these left over from before I started pixels, can i use them?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have bunch of these left over from before I started pixels, can i use them?

s-l300.jpg

Does anyone know what type of LED they are, if I can cut off the controller for these lights and use the E682 to control them that would be awesome and a huge money saver.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I have bunch of these left over from before I started pixels, can i use them?

Those are a Gemmy product, afaik. As of two years ago, they were not hackable. I don't know if that has changed, but I suspect that Gemmy isn't going to put a WS2811 or other smart pixel in its products. You could use it with Renard.
    Last edited by Kensington; 10-12-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I have bunch of these left over from before I started pixels, can i use them?

No, unfortunately. The actual show is stored in each led, and the control box just sends out specific commands telling the leds which show to start.

4. Thanks MustangBill thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I cracked open the controller and saw that it only has 3 wires to the light, So I thought "Yeah ws2811s " I put my meter on the power leads and it measured 48vdc , so now I'm not so sure..
    Either way I like these lights so I will just use them to go on my back patio for my annual Christmas party.
    Last edited by MustangBill; 10-12-2018 at 04:49 PM.