Thread: San devices E682 or falcon f16v3???

Post Thanks / Like

Default San devices E682 or falcon f16v3???

I need to buy a pixel controller for a mega tree but am unsure which one to go for Sam devices or falcon, any advise??
    Thanks Kristian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: San devices E682 or falcon f16v3???

you have other choices beside then you have the alphapixs you can also do the espixel sticks
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

With the flexibility,features and support the Falcon seems like a no brainer to me for an assembled board. Plenty of room to expand in the future with expansions and receivers. You could save $70 if you bought the E682 in kit form as opposed to an assembled board.

Post Thanks / Like

There are many controllers that will do what you ask. If you are concentrating on the WS2811 bullets or square nodes, you can save money by buying an e682 or e6804, the F8-PB is a nifty little controller (can be expanded to 36 ports), or if expansion is on the horizon, the F16v3 or F48 with expansion boards.
    It really depends on the type of pixels you want to control, the number of pixels you want to control, or how many you need in the future. I think the e682 is still 109.00 in kit form. You might look around, some are selling controllers for a good used price. Know what they cost new, and educate yourself. I have never run an Alphapix, but all of my controllers have served me well over the last few years with very little issues. I really don't believe there is a one shoe fits all controller out there, and since I run only 2811's and some GECE's, I don't need a lot of horsepower. Good Luck!
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

5. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no single answer and there are lots of good choices. Do your research on controllers and not someone elses opinions so that you will be better informed about the specs, etc. My exception to that is that if you live near someone who is willing to mentor you take a good look at what they have as that way you can get local face to face support.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried the falcon but I am on my fourth year with E682s without a glitch (just bought a third one). I've had really good support from the company(Jim).

8. Likes ezellner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used the E682 in my show but I have helped others get them up and running. For me the f16 is much simpler to use and maintain. I have four F16s in my show and they have given me no issues. I have caused my own issues with them by trying to play with them but that is not the controllers fault.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

I use both and they both work well. Flacon has more flexibility. Also sometimes the sandevices can be difficult to get onto the webpage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Family display since 1982
    Plywood cut outs and motorized
    Over 35,000 lights
    New for 2011
    48 channels of LOR (10% complete)
    Roller Coaster (planning stages)
    Patriotic Mega tree (40% complete)
    Multi-animation skating Snoopy (Planning complete)

Post Thanks / Like

Have both. Not a guru by far.. I just got a Falcon and have several SanDevice controllers. I like the Falcon for one main reason so far. The small LCD so I can easily setup the network.

With that said, I've never had a issue with the SanDevice and this is my first year with the Falcon. I went that route this time for expandability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnealand View Post
    There is no single answer and there are lots of good choices. Do your research on controllers and not someone elses opinions so that you will be better informed about the specs, etc. My exception to that is that if you live near someone who is willing to mentor you take a good look at what they have as that way you can get local face to face support.
    I'll second this. I have a house and lot that won't allow for thousands of lights, and I am an electronics technician with some Navy electronics and soldering skills as my background. So, for me, I went with SanDevice kits. However, as Jim said, do your research and plan around your budget.