Thread: How to use vixen with proteus for full simulate xmas lights

Post Thanks / Like

Question How to use vixen with proteus for full simulate xmas lights

Hello, I wanna to make the full project first on isis proteus and using vixen lights, letting vixen on/off those lights using arduino, but arduino on isis proteus simulation, it this possible?
    How do I get Vixen to communicate with the simulated Arduino in Isis Proteus?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to use vixen with proteus for full simulate xmas lights

Isn't proteus a circuit simulator tool? Are you looking to emulate an Arduino in software? If that's the case, then you'd need to write your Arduino sketch that would work on a real Arduino, and then run that in the simulator. There's plenty of discussions here on how Arduino sketches that are designed to receive lighting data from Vixen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Isn't proteus a circuit simulator tool? Are you looking to emulate an Arduino in software? If that's the case, then you'd need to write your Arduino sketch that would work on a real Arduino, and then run that in the simulator. There's plenty of discussions here on how Arduino sketches that are designed to receive lighting data from Vixen.
    I do arduino simulations on proteus, but I can't figure out how to comm vixen with proteus running that virtual arduino

Post Thanks / Like

Iím guessing by the lack of responses here that nobody has any experience with the simulation software. You may be better off asking the question in their support forums.

In general though I would think you would need to somehow create a virtual port that presents to windows as a standard port. The virtual port would then pipe its data into the simulator however it needs to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk