Thread: General question regarding running video with Falcon Player

Post Thanks / Like

Default General question regarding running video with Falcon Player

I've been running my light show for about three years now, using Vixen 3.3u2(#305) running on a dedicated Windows machine going out to a series of Alphapix, LOR and DMX lighting controllers. It's one show that uses about 8 sequences in a string that runs about 12 minutes in length.

This year, I'm planning to add a video projector, which I'd like to tie into the Vixen light show. From what I've seen here, this is more than possible using a RaspberryPi running Falcon Player connected through E1.31. I don't need a strict time code type of communication. Just start/stop and preferably a sequence ID for playing the right video at the right time.

What I'm trying to figure out is in the setup for Vixen, what do I use as the element for the RaspberryPi (assuming that it will be patched to a Streaming ACN E1.31 controller), and is there a way to have vixen send out a sequence number that will correspond to a particular video file on the Pi?

If I could get the links to threads that would be helpful, that would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by redmax61; 10-10-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: General question regarding running video with Falcon Player

Take a look at this thread: https://diychristmas.org/vb1/showthr...ght=fancy+tune
    I explain the process in post #17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: General question regarding running video with Falcon Player

Thanks, John! I found a lot of helpful information on setting up the Pi over on the Falcon Player forum. I'm still waiting for some parts to arrive, but I can't wait to dive into this!