Thread: Megatree ESPixelStick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Megatree ESPixelStick

Looking to do my first display this year. I am thinking of building an 8-9 foot tree and would like to use ESPixelSticks to control it. Are there any timing issues or anything using 2 ESPixelSticks to control different strings in the tree? I would like to avoid shelling out for a controller when the ESPixelSticks are so cheap to build.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Megatree ESPixelStick

I do a mega tree with 20 strings of 50 500 pixel per ESPixelStick . . No issues, works great
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

They are great little controllers and they are my choice of controller. I love the way you can put them on the prop, so all you have to run is AC to the power supply on a prop, makes setup a breeze. And they seem inexpensive, but if you were to compare the cost of 16 ESPixelSticks @ $20 ea ($320) vs the cost of a Falcon F16 @ $200, they really aren't cheap, you pay for the convenience.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    They are great little controllers and they are my choice of controller. I love the way you can put them on the prop, so all you have to run is AC to the power supply on a prop, makes setup a breeze. And they seem inexpensive, but if you were to compare the cost of 16 ESPixelSticks @ $20 ea ($320) vs the cost of a Falcon F16 @ $200, they really aren't cheap, you pay for the convenience.

My pixelpop minis are averaging me about $6 each, so more like 33 for the same cost as a F16. Also, I figure the cost of wiring with the F16 would add up as well.