Thread: Can't seem to get FPP to output, either via playlist or as a test sequence

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't seem to get FPP to output, either via playlist or as a test sequence

Okay, this should be simple but I'm getting no outputs to my lights. Here's what I've got:

Rasp Pi 3B running FPP 2.1
    Pi is set to 192.168.5.100 for Eth0
    Pi ethernet output is fed directly to an unmanaged 8-port switch
    E682 is set to 192.168.5.130
    E682 receives ethernet from another port on 8-port switch
    E682 has 5 outputs set up for GECE lights - these have been tested and turn on the strings using the Sandevices built-in test function

Made a simple sequence for Halloween - something to play in between a few songs and videos that will be played on Halloween night. Saved sequence and uploaded that fseq file to the FPP storage on the Rasp Pi. Tried setting up a playlist and a schedule - nothing. Trying hitting Play on the main FPP Status tab and it shows that sequence "starting" (the name pops into the play area and it highlights that name in blue and the time starts going) - no output. Tried going into Display Testing tab and playing the sequence - nothing.

To access FPP, I've been logging into FPP via the WLAN on the Pi on both my tablet and my desktop PC - everything appears as though it's letting me access as I can change things, etc. But, still, no output to lights. The sequence built in xLights uses IP addresses that I assigned in both the Setup and Layout tabs (I'm piggy-backing on my Christmas display).

Setup.PNGLayout.PNG

Am I missing something obvious? Are there more logs or files needed to help out? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can't seem to get FPP to output, either via playlist or as a test sequence

Okay, update...wow...dummy me...it was something obvious. When I upgraded my Rasp Pi to the new 2.0 FPP software, I completely wiped it clean before doing so. I completely forgot to do the FPP upload stuff contained in Keith's video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GhZK-rAD4o After uploading the controller information (and even a couple extra sequences), lo and behold my lights are now blinking!

Now, if I can just get my P10 panels to look decent with the videos that I try to play on them, I'd be set.