Thread: Power Supplies/Injection Double Check

Post Thanks / Like

Default Power Supplies/Injection Double Check

Just need a double check on what I'm going to be doing. I have a MegaTree with 16 x 100 5V WS2811 pixels controlled by Falcon F16V3 board. I am going to be using 2 of the standard 5V 300W supplies.

As shown in the attached, I am thinking I want to run each side of the F16V3 off a different power supply. I would provide the power for pixels 1-50 from the F16V3 and the power injected via the F8 Distro between 50 and 51 on each strand . This way I could use the tees and normal 3 pin connections without modifications because I don't have to isolate the I have tees for this and the top pixels have no connector.

Also, the Power supply cord has 14g wire in it. Is this enough for the power cord?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by toy4x4; 10-08-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Power Supplies/Injection Double Check

That will work. A bit of a waste putting just 100 pixels on an output, but it will work.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking that earlier too. I know I can do up to 1024 per output and could use two of the outputs for data (1-1024 and 1025 to 1600). But I would still need to have 32 power cables for injection. Is that correct?

Post Thanks / Like

That is correct. Supplying power is separate from efficient use of ports. FYI: I would go to only 600 pixels per port so that you can get to a 25ms refresh rate.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!!