Thread: converting 120v bulbs to 12v LED

Post Thanks / Like

Default converting 120v bulbs to 12v LED

Hi folks,

My goal is to eliminate as many 120v cords and props as possible.

Has anyone come across some LED lamps that run on 12v but resemble its 120v counter part?

I can find some 12v medium base incandescent bulbs but still not what I would like as the 12v controller channel is, at max, 1.5a per. The 50w 12v is not doable in my current arrangement.

I can fabricate these myself if I have to ... I made two for "Christmas Candles". If there is something already out there, why re-create the wheel *AND* I seem to be short on time - Just got back from a out of state job.

The bulbs I want to replace are in figurines ... some medium base 60w and some candelabra base 4w. I replace the 120v plug with a suitable LOW VOLTAGE plug. I suppose some have read the one tragedy from using 120v plugs on LED strips ... bummer.

Some of my props have AC synchronous motors (Air blown) so that would require a different motor, something I am not going to get into this year and these are completely separated from all the low voltage props. Rooftop ;)

Thanks!
    -Eddie

The missus wants to ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: converting 120v bulbs to 12v LED

Have you looked at 12V LED RV bulbs? I've seen some that are 15watts and that should fit into your current constraint.

Post Thanks / Like

12v dumb pixel nodes

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

12 auto lamps ... ---> head smack <--- LOL ... happy to know some folks think outside of the box too ;)

Very good point on the wattage too - completely overlooked that!

Thanks for waking me up!!
    -Eddie

The missus wants to ride!