Thread: Edm - RCA connector

Post Thanks / Like

Default Edm - RCA connector

I have a J Pole antenna that I use this connector to plug into my EDM transmitter. After many years, this connector needs to be replaced. The problem is I don’t know what it’s called or where to get one. Can anybody help? I have my back up “rubber ducky” doing the job now but the J Pole is much better but I need this connector.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Edm - RCA connector

Maybe this will help.
    https://www.jpole-antenna.com/2013/1...ights-display/
    Near the bottom of the page he refers to the EDM using RCA jack and your photo looks like male RCA connector. Googling male RCA connector returns hits from ebay for example that for $5 you can try one out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mangrove View Post
    I have a J Pole antenna that I use this connector to plug into my EDM transmitter. After many years, this connector needs to be replaced. The problem is I don’t know what it’s called or where to get one. Can anybody help? I have my back up “rubber ducky” doing the job now but the J Pole is much better but I need this connector.

Thanks!

This is simply a male RCA connector (cost $1 to $3 depending on material type). The connector referred to in the link on the previous post is an adapter the goes from a BNC (cable type) connector to an RCA plug which I don't think you need based on the photo.
    Ed
    Happily retired

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up purchasing a RG58 BNC compression fitting then adding a BNC to RCA adapter to go into the EDM.

I had no luck finding the generic RCA adapter pictured (which I think was designed for RG 59; it was always a little big) so I bought more tools (darn) and did it the right way.

The result, I get about a mile of clear transmission in a densely populated city environment on the lowest power from my EDM transmitter.

Thanks for the help!