Thread: Best way to hang holiday coro signing trees(46" x 46) on brick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best way to hang holiday coro signing trees(46" x 46) on brick

Next year Im planning on putting 4 of the large size(46" x 46) holiday coro signing trees mounted over my garage. Attached a picture of my house for reference.
    What do you think would be the best way of mounting the trees to brick?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best way to hang holiday coro signing trees(46" x 46) on brick

You could always put clamps on the window ledges and hang them off of them.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the clamps. but I would also use a couple pieces of flat steel or wood w/ pair of clamps, so the weight would be spread out over the entire window sill. You will also need to build a frame for the faces, holiday coro's build instructions show using 2x4s but 1" PVC should hold them fine, be lighter, and you can build one large unit to hold all 4, suspended from the clamps on the window ledge.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I should have said "wide clamps". Some sort of protection of the bricks is definitely needed. (Good catch Ruppro.)
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the ideas! What controller do you think would work best for this setup? I was thinking maybe about a ren32

Post Thanks / Like

I personally like the temporary aspect of the clamps hanging from the window frames that the previous posters suggested, as it doesn't involve modifying/drilling into your house. But in seeing your house layout, I remembered a video I watched recently where his house is all brick just like yours and he did a more permanent installation for hanging his props. I think you'll find this very pertinent to your situation; check out Jeff's video on his Canispater Christmas channel:

https://youtu.be/Dl4-yYPjy90

right about 8:45 and 14:17, specifically. He shows some great examples of how he drilled & mounted eyelet hooks into the brick, from which he then hung fairly heavy objects from. Very sturdy and arguably bulletproof, if you're willing to go that route.

I think that space above your garage is an ideal place to mount multiple singing faces. That would look really good!

As far as the controller suggestion goes- if you're considering 4 of the trees, that's a total of 32 channels. So yes Renard 32 with multiple external SSR's mounted directly to the back of the props would be ideal. That way you'd only have to run a single AC power feed + a couple cat5 cables for signaling up to them, as opposed to 32 individual AC power runs.
    Last edited by Scoobysnacks; 01-01-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 Singing Trees (AC lights) mounted on brick using Tapcon concrete anchors. Pre-drilled the holes and used the anchors through the 2x2 frames. Anchors are 3/16" x 3 1/4", bought at Lowes. The good thing about this method is once you take them down, you can not see the holes in the brick. The key is to put in brick, not the mortar. I used 4 anchors per frame. Using 2x2 boards for the frame instead of 2x4 (lighter solution and plenty of depth for your wiring). No issues in the 4 years.
    Randy McMasters
    Graham, NC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rando1957 View Post
    I have 4 Singing Trees (AC lights) mounted on brick using Tapcon concrete anchors. Pre-drilled the holes and used the anchors through the 2x2 frames. Anchors are 3/16" x 3 1/4", bought at Lowes. The good thing about this method is once you take them down, you can not see the holes in the brick. The key is to put in brick, not the mortar. I used 4 anchors per frame. Using 2x2 boards for the frame instead of 2x4 (lighter solution and plenty of depth for your wiring). No issues in the 4 years.
    Can you reuse (or put new) Tapcon screws in the same hole as used the first time? I would think that you wouldn't get the same grip/hold the next time.