Thread: Pixel sequencing newbie looking for inspiration

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pixel sequencing newbie looking for inspiration

So, I'm relatively new to all of this RGB pixels and sequencing, but I'm slowly starting to understand how to work with Xlights and how to address my pixels, etc.
    Now, what I am looking for, is a bit of inspiration for Christmas.
    There's tons of great youtube videos showing what you and others have done with your pixels, and to some extent, that's inspiring, so thank you for that. The thing is, there are cultural differences between the continents and between countries, and what I have seen to far is much more colourful than what we're accustomed to here in Belgium.
    So, I only have the outlines of the house, doors and windows covered with pixels, as well as the sides of the driveway and them a couple of floodlights to highlight some christmas decorations in the garden. What I'm looking for is some examples of how people sequenced their house just with basic Christmas colours such as red and white, without megatrees or singing faces and such. Although thats absolutely impressive, it would be something which is a step too far for my neighbours at this moment ;-)
    All examples are welcome, all could lead to inspiration :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel sequencing newbie looking for inspiration

When my house is not playing a 'show' I run the lights at a dim yellow to match my next door neighbor's colorless incandescent outline. I also control the house across the street which has a 'wife mode' of white lights only. Blending in 95% of the time has mostly kept me out of trouble.

3. Thanks rtificial thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I do for the less energetic times is to have a red/white pattern that morphs to blue/white, blue/red, etc.. slowly from the one change to next over about 2 seconds. Gives it some dynamics but is not in your face blinky.

5. Thanks rtificial thanked for this post
    Likes rtificial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, those are interesting suggestions!
    Any movies are still more than welcome ����