Thread: 2018 DIYC Card Swap

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2018 DIYC Card Swap

DIYC Christmas Card Swap 2018

I still have not heard or seen Ingrid, (toodle_pipsky) in quite a while. I do know she has been being a Mother to Toddlers and being a wife. So I’m sure she is over whelmed with the joys and tribulations that brings.
    So, having said that I want preemptively Let everyone know that the DIYC Christmas Card Swap for 2018 will OPEN October 1st 2018 and will run through Veterans Day (November 11th)
    Here are the details
    Anyway, it’s time for the 11th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap.

So what’s a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and you’re given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and you’ll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.

I haven’t kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards – this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, there’s nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards – and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included – if you don’t type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you – if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent via PM). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM.

Due date will be SUNDAY 11TH NOVEMBER and names will be handed out by SUNDAY 18TH NOVEMBER. Names will not be kept and your details will be deleted at the end of December. Each year I get one or two people who swear black and blue they got their name in before the due date but I don't have a record of their PM. I won't be accepting any late comers it's just too hard to include. I always send a PM confirming I have received your details, if you don't receive a PM from me confirming receipt of your details within 2 days assume I didn't get your original PM and send it again. If I don't have you in my inbox or a confirmation PM in my sent items, sorry you missed the boat and you'll have to wait for next year.

I'm always asked if it's possible to get the whole list to send cards to everyone not just 10 people. That's not a problem, 10 has been chosen to make it easy for lots of people to participate (you already know how expensive Christmas lights as a hobby can be!), be aware that some years the full list was over 50 participants. If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list.

Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year – guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!

Thank you and Merry Blinky Flashy
    Ken
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018 DIYC Card Swap

WOW
    Its time already. The 2018 DIYC Christmas Card swap is now open.
    There has already been a quite an interest. SO it looks like this might be a pretty good year J

So what’s a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and you’re given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and you’ll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.

I haven’t kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards – this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, there’s nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards – and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included – if you don’t type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you – if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent via PM). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM.

Due date will be SUNDAY 11TH NOVEMBER and names will be handed out by SUNDAY 18TH NOVEMBER. Names will not be kept and your details will be deleted at the end of December. Each year I get one or two people who swear black and blue they got their name in before the due date but I don't have a record of their PM. I won't be accepting any late comers it's just too hard to include. I always send a PM confirming I have received your details, if you don't receive a PM from me confirming receipt of your details within 2 days assume I didn't get your original PM and send it again. If I don't have you in my inbox or a confirmation PM in my sent items, sorry you missed the boat and you'll have to wait for next year.

I'm always asked if it's possible to get the whole list to send cards to everyone not just 10 people. That's not a problem, 10 has been chosen to make it easy for lots of people to participate (you already know how expensive Christmas lights as a hobby can be!), be aware that some years the full list was over 50 participants. If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card, just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list.

Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year – guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!

Thank you and Merry Blinky Flashy
    Ken
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

20181007.jpg
    The swap is on
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

PM Sent
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - Hoping For 10,000+ Lights - 4 or 5 Sequenced Songs

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Page

Moved Beginning Of 2018, New Display With A New Name Coming End Of 2018!

Best Christmas Lights of 2017

Post Thanks / Like

PM Sent

Post Thanks / Like

SO, To answer a question about how your address will appear.

It can be formatted ANYWAY you want that is legal in your country.

A few examples that are set into the algorithm

Mr and Mrs Nick Christmas
    101 Present ln
    North Pole, AK 00000

[Full family]

NCmas1225
    101 Present ln
    North Pole, AK 00000

[user]

NCmas1225
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present ln
    North Pole, AK 00000

[both]

The Christmas Family
    101 Present ln
    North Pole, AK 00000

[family]

Nick Christmas
    101 Present ln
    North Pole, AK 00000

[name]

Again, these are just the ones that are in the program i have written, The address is totally up to you how you want it displayed. and NO your email address will not be displayed unless you want it displayed. your email address is only used to have your card list delivered by email, which is TONS faster than through here.

I hope this clears up some confusion, if not please ask or pm me, I'll be happy to help.

/Ken
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in for the full list! I still send Ingrid one every year. I sure hope she is ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I can only assume that she is as busy as ever with the youngings. I hope and pray she is doing great and enjoying being a mother. Any parent can attest that parenting is HUGE job and zaps all your time and energy.
    all pix <70 univ)