Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All images & clips upside-down??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: All images & clips upside-down??

xLights has always defaulted to Bottom Left when you create a model. I think rumors like that start because one person gets it working and starts touting it as the right way to set it up. Bottom line is you can make it work either way no need to justify why you picked one or the other.

For the P10 panels are you getting at least 40 to 50 feet away to make your evaluation of the video?
    Didn't pay for a sig

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a choice in applying gamma in xlights or fpp always do it in xlights. Doing it in fpp means it has to be done while the show is playing and that takes time every time it plays. Only advantage is you can tweak it quickly. For small shows it is not really a big deal but as your show gets larger it just adds a bit more to frame processing times when your show runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrock View Post
    xLights has always defaulted to Bottom Left when you create a model. I think rumors like that start because one person gets it working and starts touting it as the right way to set it up. Bottom line is you can make it work either way no need to justify why you picked one or the other.

For the P10 panels are you getting at least 40 to 50 feet away to make your evaluation of the video?
    Actually, no -- more like 15-20 ft away. My house sits pretty close to the street and I was trying to view from approx. the same distance it would be as viewed from neighbors on the sidewalk or in cars on our narrow streets. I'll try running a clip and checking from a bigger distance and see if that changes anything.

And thanks for that tip about input location. It's okay to not be a sheep, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keithsw1111 View Post
    If you have a choice in applying gamma in xlights or fpp always do it in xlights. Doing it in fpp means it has to be done while the show is playing and that takes time every time it plays. Only advantage is you can tweak it quickly. For small shows it is not really a big deal but as your show gets larger it just adds a bit more to frame processing times when your show runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right - only in xLights. As I mentioned, I was doing in the FPP setup tab only because my matrix wasn't running anything from xLights and I was running uploaded sequences directly via the FPP Display Testing tab just for testing purposes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12