Thread: Seeking Setup Help for tree

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seeking Setup Help for tree

I know I am going to be Crucify here and I accept that..I also know everyone is busy getting their own stuff ready.

I am a bare bones no budget beginner. I literally have 10 strings of 50 pixel lights. A Raspberry PI 3+ and a Falcon-Cap/Hat (I cant remember what it is called). I am setting up with Xlights and running it with FPP 2.0 and two power supplies. the pixels at 5v power supplies are 5v 350amp.

I am trying to do a basic 180 degree tree 25 pixels high, so 20 strands? was going to do 250 pixels per channel.

This is where my confusion comes in..I have setup me layout in xlights--I am not sure if I have it setup correctly It looks correct on the screen..do my effects and render it and drop into FPP and set it up there..I think?? but when I run the sequence its not right. Not even close.

So I guess what I am kindly asking for is if someone could help me get it set it xlights and FPP?

Thanks in Advance.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Seeking Setup Help for tree

what do you see does it look like the strands some look like they are backwards? maybe post a screen capture of your xlights setup
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

You have 2 outputs on the controller to work with. If you use both outputs then your # strings is 2. Each output will have 5 strings x 50 pixels = 250 pixels in a contiguous string. That's the value you use for Nodes/String. Since you're doing 25 pixels in height, Strands/String would be 250 / 25 = 10. That's the value for Strands/String. You'll also have to set the start channel (or set individual start channels, one for each output). For starting Location, use "Bottom, Left" and see how that works.

If you want to use 1 output, your number of strings is 1, Nodes/String = 500, Strands/String = 20. Then you only need 1 start channel.

Of course you'll need power injection...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you...

Post Thanks / Like

To add sound to this I would need a USB audio? I am assuming that on-board audio wont work?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badplasma View Post
    To add sound to this I would need a USB audio? I am assuming that on-board audio wont work?
    Yes get a USB audio card
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badplasma View Post
    I know I am going to be Crucify here and I accept that..
    I don’t think you need to worry about that one bit. People here are very generous with their time and wisdom, even when the holiday crunch is on. At least that has been my experience.

9. Likes badplasma liked this post