Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PVC Bendit tool

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PVC Bendit tool

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    The kind I used had its own heat resistant insulation. I think it was a woven fiberglass type of material. It was something like this:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-He...IAAOSwFD5fWS0I

I just used a length that was 4 times the length of the flex conduit and folded it in half twice before pulling it thru.
    What did you use for a power supply to heat the Nichrome Wire?

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing. It's wired directly to a 120v plug. I did take the time to calculate the correct length of heating wire needed for a given current. The heating wire will have a listed ohms per foot (or per meter) rating. I targeted 1800W so I can use it on a standard 15A circuit. That's a standard ohms law calculation. V=IR Or V/I=R So 120V / 15A = 8 Ohms. If i recall, the wire I had was around 0.25 ohms per foot. So that means that a 32' length makes 8 ohms. I folded it over twice to give me a 8' length with 4 heating wire conductors that were physically arranged in parallel, but electrically in series.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aknflyer View Post
    Or alternatively, check with the local phone company or the contractors who run cable. I got a used 6' cable reel that produced 2ea 6' steel square tube rings, just by asking at a local construction site. They also come in 8' sizes.
    Now THIS I am interested in. Do you know how I can find out more? Any online images?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123