Thread: Jerry72 (Jerry Thompson) Car Accident

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jerry72 (Jerry Thompson) Car Accident

I came across this and thought I would share it. Jerry used to be an active participant here and had enough family-related struggles prior to this. Details are in the link, but he and his family could use your prayers, and if so led, your monetary support.

https://www.gofundme.com/jerry-thomp...cal-and-family

Local news story with a little more info:

https://www.ktvz.com/news/osp-bend-m...rash/796431765

Side note: yes, I know he was banned. I have permission from Brian to post, and the post will remain, providing it stays on topic.

Thank you
    Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jerry72 (Jerry Thompson) Car Accident

Best of luck Jerry. I wish you a full recovery and get well soon. Prayers from us to you and your family.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone, while we know Jerry was banned from this site, he's still an enthusiastic Christmas light decorator who has a very popular display in Siletz, OR. With his wife fighting cancer and two of his three young children being autistic, Jerry's the sole breadwinner in the family and they're going to need any help that you might possibly be able to consider. Every single dollar will help them out because he'll be in hospital care for at least 3 months with months of rehab after that. Maybe you would consider going without one designer coffee this week and instead, send the money his way via his GoFundMe page.

Jerry's one of us.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

4. Thanks TazChaLet thanked for this post
    Likes TazChaLet, uncledan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Everyone, while we know Jerry was banned from this site, he's still an enthusiastic Christmas light decorator who has a very popular display in Siletz, OR. With his wife fighting cancer and two of his three young children being autistic, Jerry's the sole breadwinner in the family and they're going to need any help that you might possibly be able to consider. Every single dollar will help them out because he'll be in hospital care for at least 3 months with months of rehab after that. Maybe you would consider going without one designer coffee this week and instead, send the money his way via his GoFundMe page.

Jerry's one of us.
    lets not forget that the other driver was uninsured
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boyelroy11 View Post
    I came across this and thought I would share it. Jerry used to be an active participant here and had enough family-related struggles prior to this. Details are in the link, but he and his family could use your prayers, and if so led, your monetary support.

https://www.gofundme.com/jerry-thomp...cal-and-family

Local news story with a little more info:

https://www.ktvz.com/news/osp-bend-m...rash/796431765

Side note: yes, I know he was banned. I have permission from Brian to post, and the post will remain, providing it stays on topic.

Thank you
    Bruce
    Obviously, true prayers go out to Jerry and his family. But out of curiosity, what did he do (or what does one have to do) to get banned from this site? Pm answer is fine if you prefer not to post publicly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    Obviously, true prayers go out to Jerry and his family. But out of curiosity, what did he do (or what does one have to do) to get banned from this site? Pm answer is fine if you prefer not to post publicly
    I don't know what happened. When I asked Brian for permission to post, I told him I didn't want to know. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter: people over position, and he's our kind of people.

Bruce

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

8. Likes uncledan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't read the story links, I suggest everyone do so.
    This father of 3 was hit head on by a licensed suspended, drugged out person. Head On, pickup truck to pickup truck.
    Regardless of Jerry's status on this site, his family needs support.
    They are on a hard and long road to recovery.
    I can't imagine how it will lift his spirits each day to see complete strangers donate money to their well being.

10. Thanks boyelroy11, TazChaLet thanked for this post