Thread: FPP Sequence not outputting to Ren 24 SS

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP Sequence not outputting to Ren 24 SS

I recently wanted to incorporate some projection into my Halloween show so I decided to look into FPP. I got FPP all loaded on my pi and now I trying to get everything all setup but running into some issues. I am using a usb rs232 to rs485 adapter. The pi recognizes the dongle from what I can tell with out issues. After I setup my controller I went into the Display Testing / channel testing and all 24 channels turned on and off like I expected. Then I tried to move on to the a sequence. I created a generic 24 channel sequence in vixen 2.1 with some just some on/off triggers. I then converted it to a fseq file using xlights. The output did not have any errors during conversion. I continued an uploaded it to FPP. When I went to test it there was no output what so ever. It seems like there is a conversion issue or mapping problem since test my channel output with the channel testing page.

I know many of you have done this so I am not sure if I am just doing something wrong or what.

nhl4life

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP Sequence not outputting to Ren 24 SS

Just becaues the channel tester works does not mean you have things configured properly. Please send a screenshot of your Vixen 2.1 channel configuration, a screenshot of your xlights configuration and a screenshot of your FPP Renard controller configuration.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the response.

Here is what I have. Capture.PNGCapture1.jpgCapture2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Someone else will need to verify the XLS screen. I am a vixen3 guy. The rest of the screens look good. I could not tell if you had a sequence on the grid but I assume you have tested the sequence by connecting the dongle to the Vixen PC and playing it. The converter in XLS is the next place to look.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I just threw together some quick random on off stuff. I didn't even really do anything in XLS I just opened the converter and selected the file to convert. Everything looked ok when it converted but I was not sure if I need to dig into actual files or what.

Capture3.PNG

Post Thanks / Like

So I downloaded Vixen 3. I setup my Ren 24. I created a quick sequence. I tested the sequence in Vixen 3. Everything was out putting to my board. I exported the sequence to FPP, uploaded it to my FPP. I tried to run the sequence and nothing.

That being said I am pretty sure it is how I have FPP configured but I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Capture4.jpgCapture4.jpg

nhl4life
    Last edited by nhl4life7; 09-18-2018 at 10:55 PM.