Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple Singing Pumpkin......wishful thinking!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Simple Singing Pumpkin......wishful thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrock View Post
    There is an xLights Facebook group and if you goto the Zoom link from xlights.org you may find someone in the channel to help.
    Although I'm not a fan of face book.....I can't tell if someone is genuinely contacting me r it's a computer program.....I'll look into the XL face book page....might start liking Face Book!

Post Thanks / Like

Look for the "Official xLights Support Group". The main benefit if you go there is you could post asking if anyone was available to help in Zoom. First I would goto xlights.org and click the Zoom button to make sure you have that program working and be setup with headphones so you could talk to whoever is helping.
    Didn't pay for a sig

Post Thanks / Like

Look for the "Official xLights Support Group". The main benefit if you go there is you could post asking if anyone was available to help in Zoom. First I would goto xlights.org and click the Zoom button to make sure you have that program working and be setup with headphones so you could talk to whoever is helping.
    I'll try the zoom feature (funny every acronym and term in XL's is not what you'd expect) and report back.....bet there's other guys just like me out there!

Post Thanks / Like

The ZOOM program has nothing to do with xLights. We didn't name it.
    Didn't pay for a sig

Post Thanks / Like

Up all night pulling my hair out. Gave up trying to convert the LOR file into EL's so dove into Vixen.....just as if not more confusing. When I finally got to the end of sequencing I had to yet again convert a file into Vixen. Of course it was not a straight forward process. But after pulling more hair out, the lips and eyes move properly to the music! Now to figure out how to run the pumpkin.....don't have much hair left. Thanks gents

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you find a program that works that's all that matters. For doing singing faces the real power in xLights is realized when you start working with the built-in features and using lyric tracks which can easily be shared with others and work on any model. We've had a group of people that have created lyric tracks for several hundred songs and once you have a lyric track its simple to make any singing face model or matrix image talk. Imported data is very limited.
    Didn't pay for a sig

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you find a program that works that's all that matters. For doing singing faces the real power in xLights is realized when you start working with the built-in features and using lyric tracks which can easily be shared with others and work on any model. We've had a group of people that have created lyric tracks for several hundred songs and once you have a lyric track its simple to make any singing face model or matrix image talk. Imported data is very limited.
    I initially went with XLs because it has far more tutorials and instruction material. The developers seem very dedicated due to the endless updates. I believe it does have more to offer but looks like a small issue flustered me to no end. I just could not wrap my head around tweaking a line of code in an old file so it would fit a conversion routine. My expertise lies in drinking beer and yelling at the misses when she burns the pot roast. That said I am becoming interested in this stuff and will give XL's another look and even try my hand at Papaguyo.
    Last edited by dallam1; 09-18-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12