Thread: On the go sequencing ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default On the go sequencing ???

Hey guys
    I am currently doing all my sequencing on my desktop computer at home using xlights
    I will be traveling in the next couple of weeks and I would like to work on my sequences while Iím away on vacation
    Can I work on my sequences with the same model previews and music on another laptop and if so what do I need to setup this up.
    I will be installing xlights on a laptop which I have at my vacation home once I get there.
    Thanks for the help
    Cheers
    Red Green Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Default On the go sequencing ???

I don't use xLights but I believe that you can... You have to put the media and show directories from your desktop onto your laptop... Then, open xLights and hit the setup tab (if I recall correctly). You should then be able to choose the locations of the newly added media and show directories on your laptop.

Any xLights users out there, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: On the go sequencing ???

You need to copy the xlights_networks.xml and xlights_rgbeffects.xml to the new machine. I think you also have to load your background image again as well. Remember to bring those two files back to your desktop after your time away.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes

Post Thanks / Like

Open xlights on your main PC and note the location of your "Show Folder", copy that to a USB drive, cloud storage and then to your Laptop (in Documents) and point that copy of xlights to use that as the "Show Folder"
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Just use dropbox or similar cloud storage. My show directory is in my dropbox account and I can work on it at home, at work, or on the road. It is always available to me. The only caveat is to be sure to save and close at one location before opening at another location. If you do it will show up in dropbox as a conflicting file, no biggie, just better to not leave program open.
    2016 - 5th. year - Over 18,000 channels E1.31 including 350 Channels Renard, Video Projection - XL/NC - On Falcon Player, up to four megatrees.
    2017 - 6th. year - Moved display to a public park, Over 45,000 E1.31 channels, down to 100 Channels of serial Renard - XLights running on Falcon Player on a raspberry PI.
    2018 - 7th, year - Still at Shawnee Park, over 52,000 E1.31 channels, down to 96 channels of Renard -
    XLights running on Falcon Player on a raspberry PI.

Randy: Xenialights on Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies
    I think I’ll try that drop box and see how it goes
    Appreciate it
    Cheers
    Red Green Blue