Thread: Alphapix 4 port issue

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alphapix 4 port issue

I have run shows using the alphapix 4 in past years, but now all the sudden, only port 2 works. In test mode I have tried using all 4 ports and only 2 shows anything. I have even tried switching the cords and no matter what only 2 works. Even tried switching the 7.5 fuses and still only #2 works. Not sure what is causing this.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Alphapix 4 port issue

Quote Originally Posted by iluvlights32 View Post
    I have run shows using the alphapix 4 in past years, but now all the sudden, only port 2 works. In test mode I have tried using all 4 ports and only 2 shows anything. I have even tried switching the cords and no matter what only 2 works. Even tried switching the 7.5 fuses and still only #2 works. Not sure what is causing this.
    Review the ‘DMX Start Universe’ settings in relationship to the SPI Output settings. If thats OK, try a ‘hard’ or ‘Default’ reset in the setting on the AlphaPix BIOS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vwbugjpt View Post
    Review the ‘DMX Start Universe’ settings in relationship to the SPI Output settings. If thats OK, try a ‘hard’ or ‘Default’ reset in the setting on the AlphaPix BIOS.
    Tried that and even in factory default in test mode only get lights on 2. 1,3,and 4 nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iluvlights32 View Post
    Tried that and even in factory default in test mode only get lights on 2. 1,3,and 4 nothing.
    It is not common but when pixels are incorrectly connected or shorted out, the output chip can become damaged. New output chips can be purchased at HolidayCoro for $ 1.50 plus shipping or you may need to research purchasing a new light controller.

https://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/625.htm
    Last edited by vwbugjpt; 09-16-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

basic troubleshooting. Do you have 5v/12v on the output?

Have you reflashed the firmware?

What is your output setup?

Post Thanks / Like

I did reflash. I have 12.3v off each output. Here is snip from controller:AP4config.GIF

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like start DMX numbers are wrong. Here is my setup.
    Screenshot_20180922-115323_Chrome.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdesign21 View Post
    Looks like start DMX numbers are wrong. Here is my setup.
    Screenshot_20180922-115323_Chrome.jpg
    The DMX start universe numbers appear to be out of order but the DMX start universe numbers are only an issue when addressing the controller via software. The LED lights should display when placed in test mode even if the DMX start universe numbers are in a random order because when the controller is placed in the test mode all universes will be in the 'on' mode. The problem appears to be a light controller hardware issue.

9. Likes TazChaLet, iluvlights32 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Like previously stated, I have 12v out of each SPI output when in test mode. I have replaced output chip. Just weird why only SPI 2 comes on. Doesn't matter if I switch the plugs around so that plug that was in 1 is now in 2...still only 2 works.

Post Thanks / Like

looking at the way you have the things setup things over lap not sure if this really could be causing a problem but I would fix that first and retest if not I would contact Holiday coro I know they have helped a friend out with his problem last yr
    James WinterHaven Fl