Thread: pixel C9 cover

Post Thanks / Like

Default pixel C9 cover

Hi to all
    has anybody used these to cover a 2811 bullet pixel nodes and how do you attach them
    Thanks Bob
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...5be946e3FxJQMk
    KEEP HI AND DRY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: pixel C9 cover

Yes, I actually used 200 of them last year. I liked the look a lot...I had several blisters by the time I was done putting them on.

Basically the bullet pixel inserts into the body (easy part). The clip goes over the pixel wire at the bottom of the body and is then pushed up into the end of the body - basically using compression forces to stay in place. I found they hold in there pretty good but this is the hard part...it takes a bit of force to get it in the body enough to hold...this is what created the blisters!

The top piece then screws onto the top of the body.

Again, I really liked the look for what I was doing. I already had the pixel strings so these were a good option. I did tell myself if I was ever going to do more like this I would pay for them pre-assembled from Ray.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob81354 View Post
    Hi to all
    has anybody used these to cover a 2811 bullet pixel nodes and how do you attach them
    Thanks Bob
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...5be946e3FxJQMk
    How many do you need? I have about 800 - 1,000 that I can part with. You really don't need the bottom insert but I do have them. Basically you just press them in until they snap. Easy to take out also. I was going to use them on a pixel tree until I found out that 55 on a string is heavy and wind effects them. Each string of the tree pretty much would have arch to them because of the weight. I drilled holes in PVC and used them around my pond. Mine are green.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pmiller; 09-16-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replys but wouldn't it shorted the wiring when you push it in the cover I only have 3 1/2 " on center I just think it would not look good with them so close together what is the length of the pixels you guys have and how do they look
    Thanks Bob
    KEEP HI AND DRY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob81354 View Post
    thanks for the replys but wouldn't it shorted the wiring when you push it in the cover I only have 3 1/2 " on center I just think it would not look good with them so close together what is the length of the pixels you guys have and how do they look
    Thanks Bob
    Mine are slightly more than 3.5" although my pixel mounting strips were custom made because they won't fit the normal hole size. The pixels themselves are 4" apart. I think you'll find the Boscoyo pixel mounting strips are at 3.5" (anyone correct me if I'm wrong).

Last edited by pmiller; 09-18-2018 at 11:01 AM.

6. Thanks bob81354 thanked for this post
    Likes bob81354 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize people wanted these. They have been sold, all 900.