Thread: Question on Preview

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on Preview

vixen forum question.JPG

So in this image, when I do a wipe from bottom to top of whole house. The mega tree comes on very last like with the second story window lights. I have played around and it seems the TOP of the tree is the location point vixen uses to "trigger", for lack of the appropriate word, the lights to come on on queue.

Am I wrong? Is there a way to signify the BOTTOM is the trigger rather than top? If not, how is this supposed to be set up?

When looking at the Location properties in display setup, I see a X Y and Z position on each strand. Im guessing Z is the trigger?? what should that be to designate bottom?
    Last edited by Ruthless; 09-14-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question on Preview

Where is row 1 column 1?

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

@MartinMueller2003

Far Right

This is NOT a pixel tree these are RGBW * 16 strands of lights total of 64.

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect the issue may be where the string start is located. Did you draw top-to-bottom? It is suspicious that the string lights when you get to the end at the top.

BTW: This is pure Wild ... guess. Just trying to figure out what may be wrong or gather enough info to help the devs resolve the issue.

You should open a ticket for this issue.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

@MartinMueller2003

I used the megatree smart object (drug to create the way it intends, then configured it for the # of strings. and its working great in vixen (wipes right and left) except the wipes up and down, it thinks the tree is way up high rather than low.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used that wizard to draw my trees. Does it provide an anchor point that you can move? There may also be some X,Y,Z positioning information in the lower left pane that you can adjust.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I see the z set to 1, if I assume that is top, what value would bottom be?
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    I have not used that wizard to draw my trees. Does it provide an anchor point that you can move? There may also be some X,Y,Z positioning information in the lower left pane that you can adjust.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

z is depth aka distance from the street.

y should be vertical and x should be horizontal

Post Thanks / Like

I have played with this some before with a friends setup and I could change things up so it would light from bottom with a wipe up but then when wipe down is done it is backwards
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TazChaLet View Post
    I have played with this some before with a friends setup and I could change things up so it would light from bottom with a wipe up but then when wipe down is done it is backwards
    Would be great if it would light the tree when the wipe is at its mid point.
    Matt

11. Likes TazChaLet liked this post