Thread: xLights Simple Sequencing

Post Thanks / Like

Default xLights Simple Sequencing

I'm new to building a setup this year. I've been trying to soak everything up, but there is a lot to learn.

I'm trying to figure out how difficult sequencing will be in xLights. I don't plan on syncing the sequences up to music. I want to keep things simple this year. I will have a roof outline, 6 mini chromacanes, 4 boscoyo snow flakes and possibly a boscoyo wreath. How long would it take to throw up some simple sequences like candy cane stripes on everything or a blue/white type effect to show off the snow flakes?

Thanks,

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: xLights Simple Sequencing

Two years ago I showed my wife how to do sequences in xlights (10 minutes of "training"), animation only, and she output a 5 minute routine in her very first night.
    The key was that I had the setup done ahead of time, she just made the lights blink.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

If everything is configured in xlights you could auto sync a few sequences and then edit the effects you don’t like. In no time at all your lights will be flashing.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually tell people that ask "how difficult" it is that its pretty hard to learn because everyone that finds it easy usually doesn't ask the question.
    Didn't pay for a sig

5. Likes mikel3332 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrock View Post
    I usually tell people that ask "how difficult" it is that its pretty hard to learn because everyone that finds it easy usually doesn't ask the question.
    Thanks for the input everyone. Gilrock, where in Tucson? Are you in the winter haven community? I live on the northwest side.

Post Thanks / Like

Xlights is I think simpler than light-o-Rama. There are a lot of sequences out there that you can map to your setup and wow your neighbors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Watch some of the videos at https://xlights.org/ for setting up your display and then go to
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...UVzX0ZMc1pzY00 for some free sequences. It's really as difficult as Gil says. NOT>
    You can also go to the Nutcracker forum for some free .xpresets and other stuff. Remember, you can drop any effect on any model and keep playing with it until you find something you like.
    Last edited by Keith R; 09-14-2018 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Added info
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.