Thread: FPP 2.0 now available!

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP 2.0 now available!

FPP v2.0 is now available. v2.0 is a MAJOR update from the v1.x series and requires a complete new OS image. It is not a "push button" update from previous versions.

The full list of new features and enhancements is available at:
    http://falconchristmas.com/forum/ind....html#msg86820

Installation instructions are available at:
    http://falconchristmas.com/forum/ind....html#msg86821

It is VERY important to read and follow the installation instructions. The installation process is VERY different than 1.x (but much faster, you can be up and running very quickly).

(moderators: can this post be made sticky to replace the installation instructions that is currently sticky?)
    Dan Kulp

2. Likes Ruppro, pixelpuppy, TomL8345, JCook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP 2.0 now available!

Thank you for all the hard work you guys do for the community! I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes TomL8345 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan, I assume this is the same file that I loaded last night from your website. Thanks!
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a way to expand the window size under Unicast Address? Notice the whole address isn't showing. Also, where is the Universe Output information being stored? I opened the universe file and there's nothing there. Vixen can now export a file with universe setup which eliminate typing in all the information in FPP. I attached a screenshot of the Unicast window and the file management window.
    ScreenShot_1.pngScreenShot_2.png

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Is there a way to expand the window size under Unicast Address? Notice the whole address isn't showing. Also, where is the Universe Output information being stored? I opened the universe file and there's nothing there. Vixen can now export a file with universe setup which eliminate typing in all the information in FPP. I attached a screenshot of the Unicast window and the file management window.
    What browser is that? I just tried with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox and all three allowed entering "255.255.255.255" and have it completely shown.

v2.0 now stores the universe information in a JSON file (and separate JSON files for input and output). In the config, there should be a co-universes.json file. The vixen team is aware of the change that is needed.
    Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

I was using Internet Explorer so I tried Google Chrome and I now see the entire address. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I see the co-universes file. What's the best program to use to open and edit json files? Never used them before.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    I was using Internet Explorer so I tried Google Chrome and I now see the entire address.
    You might check the zoom level on your browser. I often have users with rendering issues because they're zoomed in or out really far. Zoom is usually adjusted by holding CTRL and scrolling the mouse wheel. You can also use a gesture on a mouse pad where you bring two fingers together or apart (like on a phone). Every browser will also have a zoom option in its Settings Menu. That menu is usually accessible via an icon on the right side of the browser.