Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My mega tree is screwy... need a sanity check on my setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My mega tree is screwy... need a sanity check on my setup

Quote Originally Posted by TazChaLet View Post
    bill as Martin said in vixen is where yo wanna setup your zig zag not in controller you would do this in the display setup page patch your 1st string normal then the 2nd string which goes from top to bottom needs to be reverse you havea little check box to do this next to the element side then the 3rd string is normal patch and then 4th string reverse and so on any string the is going from top to bottom should be reversed
    Ok, so I tried to do this In the display setup page but I do not see the check boxes you are referring to..am I in the correct area??
    Patch.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    The start address for 2-1 to 2-4 should be 271 universe 4. Disregard my last screen shot post. Too many pixels. This one is for 850.
    Attachment 40042
    How did you get to that page? I don't see anything on my controller set up page that shows that. I have tried to update the firm ware but all get is "Firmware Update In Progress, received blocks= 0, wait 2 Minutes Then REFRESH" but it always says 0 received blocks and the Firmware status update always says Timed out. Even after waiting the 2 minutes
    Last edited by MustangBill; 09-11-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MustangBill View Post
    How did you get to that page? I don't see anything on my controller set up page that shows that. I have tried to update the firm ware but all get is "Firmware Update In Progress, received blocks= 0, wait 2 Minutes Then REFRESH" but it always says 0 received blocks and the Firmware status update always says Timed out. Even after waiting the 2 minutes
    you have the old firmware on your sandevice his is the new firmware you can find the info on that page

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...evice+firmware

not sure if you are doing the right things to update the firmware that info I found on here

http://sandevices.com/support-2/firmware/
    James WinterHaven Fl

4. Thanks MustangBill thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The nice thing about version 5 is you can control each output on the 682 independently. You do need to download fwloader and follow the instructions how to update. Your ip address may change so you'll have to reset that. If you have a prop plug then you don't need to download the fwloader. Just launch the prop plug software and select the update file. Usually using this method the IP address won't change.
    Last edited by pmiller; 09-11-2018 at 08:28 PM.

6. Thanks MustangBill thanked for this post
    Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In your picture. Center section, left half, near bottom: "Reverse Order of Elements" that does the zag part of a zig-zag.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    In your picture. Center section, left half, near bottom: "Reverse Order of Elements" that does the zag part of a zig-zag.
    So let me make Sure I have this straight, I should unpatch all of them, select each string on the mega tree individually and patch each string individually and on every other string check the "Reverse element order" box , is that correct?

Post Thanks / Like

patch the first string normal then click the second string and click reverse and patch then click 3rd string uncheck the reverse and patch then click the 4th string and click reverse and patch and so on
    James WinterHaven Fl

10. Thanks MustangBill thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So let me make Sure I have this straight, I should unpatch all of them, select each string on the mega tree individually and patch each string individually and on every other string check the "Reverse element order" box , is that correct?
    correct

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

12. Thanks MustangBill thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SUCCESS!!! A big thank you to all who replied , Pmiller the setup you sent me for controller board worked perfectly, Tazchalet thanks for the help on getting the firmware file download, steve thanks for Vixen inputs!! YOU GUYS ROCK! Now I just have to wait for it to get dark and my neighbors will finally understand what the heck it I was doing...in September

14. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SUCCESS!!! A big thank you to all who replied , Pmiller the setup you sent me for controller board worked perfectly, Tazchalet thanks for the help on getting the firmware file download, steve thanks for Vixen inputs!! YOU GUYS ROCK! Now I just have to wait for it to get dark and my neighbors will finally understand what the heck it I was doing...in September
    Excellent. One note on the timing. I think I have it set to 200. If you get some weird pixel flashing randomly you may have to set that number higher. It just depends on the type of pixels and who manufactured them. Also, since the controller is set to Zig Zag, you can patch the controller in Vixen normally, meaning you don't have to reverse patch every other string. Good luck. Let us know how it turned out. Firmware version 5 is great because you have the option of setting each output separately.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12