Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone heard from jstjohnz of sandevices.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Has anyone heard from jstjohnz of sandevices.com

Quote Originally Posted by marx1 View Post
    I actually migrated away from the sandevices to ESPixelsticks due to the multicast issue (I was having lag on some of my elements and dropped packets on the wireless), and that my wireless clients wouldn't pass multicast. It works out better now as I don't have cables running everywhere, and a ESPixelstick costs about $15 for me to make, if I make a couple at a time. I ended up doing a custom board based on the current design that doesn't do power loop-through, is smaller and all SMD, and can do 3v to 18v without jumper changes, so I can over/under drive the power without issue.
    And what does that have to do with "Has anyone heard from jstjohnz of sandevices.com". Instead of thread-jacking this one, how about starting your own thread if all you want to do is advertise your brilliance.

2. Thanks angus40 thanked for this post
    Likes angus40, Ruppro, mikel3332 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-Rigs View Post
    And what does that have to do with "Has anyone heard from jstjohnz of sandevices.com". Instead of thread-jacking this one, how about starting your own thread if all you want to do is advertise your brilliance.
    Above people where talking about trying to get new software. The latest software that is *STABLE* is over 2 years old, and the beta software is buried in a post. I stated that I went away from it due to the multicast limits, that was stated as an issue, as well as stating that it is not that big of a cost compared to the initial outlay of the sandevices.

Your condescending tone is not required, and needs to be checked at the door.

Post Thanks / Like

Above people where talking about trying to get new software. The latest software that is *STABLE* is over 2 years old, and the beta software is buried in a post. I stated that I went away from it due to the multicast limits, that was stated as an issue, as well as stating that it is not that big of a cost compared to the initial outlay of the sandevices.

Your condescending tone is not required, and needs to be checked at the door.
    You have a point that the firmware does take a little searching and should be made a Sticky perhaps .
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...rmation-thread
    I had almost given up on the San Devices controllers Once the HinksPix came available
    However I have way to many props and pixels in testing to let them collect dust and employ them regular .

The EspixelStick has no business in this thread as it is limited to a single pixel protocol which is useless when compared to the e68x controllers .

Post Thanks / Like

@ Jim from San Devices , Your firmware link for the e681 v2.051 <<<<< this is a corrupted firmware and just a source of frustration
    after loading it .

Please fix , v2.047 is Stable !

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Since 5.0 is still beta Jim could still put it on his site and indicate it's beta and use at your own risk. I used it all last year and it appears very stable. This year I'm using unicast because I changed to a larger power supply, 700 watts 62.5 amps.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

7. Likes marx1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

... Your condescending tone is not required, and needs to be checked at the door.
    Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking about your post. Based on the thanks/likes that my post received, others agreed with me.

Would this have been better?

This board and the hobby it represents is somewhat of a family group. I have been impressed by the number of times that a board member has inquired about someone who seems to have dropped off the planet. It, at least, appears that people look out for each other but that could be wishful thinking on my part.

I read the various posts talking about the cyber vandalism, recovery, and where to get the latest firmware (which were all related to the OP looking for info). Then I saw your post. It seemed to me that your message was "it's old, it's crap, ditch it. I did it cheaper and better." I think your post is a little condescending and not helpful to the OP.

Beyond that, I apologize. I should not have tried to usurp the authority of the tone police. I'll try to behave now.

9. Likes Ruppro, mikel3332 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Come'on guys.....lighten up....this is a hobby and a fun one at that. Everyone is trying to help everyone, in their own way.
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

11. Likes algerdes, DrNeutron, wineslurper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne J View Post
    ...lighten up...
    truce

13. Likes Wayne J liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12