Thread: Distance to street, pixel spacing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Distance to street, pixel spacing

New to all of this. I plan to do a short tree, around 8' with a base close to 3' 16 strips 180. Where the tree will be placed in my yard is around 15' from the street. I picked up a 16/32 top from Boscoyo as well as the 1" spacing strips. Should I fill at 1" or is 2" okay? Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Distance to street, pixel spacing

I have 16x50 tree at 3" spacing around 30' from the street. It is okay for effects - not as effective for graphics but can still do them by sliding them over the "viewport". Videos are no good. I have one because it is one of my grand daughters razzing my wife but only I know what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

1” would look best, 2” is great, and 3” is what I did....happy, but always wanted to go to 2”. About 20 feet 20 X 50, about 5' base and maybe 14 feet high plus star

with that said....I feel if you are thinking 1”, do a bigger 2”.....you will be happier.
    Last edited by mrGrumpy; 09-06-2018 at 03:47 AM.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

I did a 16 string 50 pixel tree with 2" spacing, 6' base and a 270 node star, also about 30' from the street. Since it was my first year, a couple of purchased animated sequences looked great. It was a hit with the neighbors. Lots of little details to solve setting one up, but it was worth the effort.

Post Thanks / Like

i went with 2" spacing at 20' - 30' from the veiwer

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

1" spacing will be overkill.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been running an 8’ tree at around 15’ from the street. It’s 25 pixels per string, 3” apart, 180 degrees and 16 strings. Graphics are a bit choppy at 3” but it looks good and people love it. Effects like moving circles and snowflakes aren’t super smooth because they jump 3” at a time. Increasing the frame rate helps a bit. This year I’m doubling the density to 50 pixels per string at 2” spacing and the height should go up a couple of feet. If you can swing 2” spacing then I’d go ahead and do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the helpful replies!
    Last edited by Nikdyer; 09-06-2018 at 08:10 PM.