Thread: Net Lights on Roof

Post Thanks / Like

Default Net Lights on Roof

I am looking to cover the entire roof of my house with net lights. I already use C7 lights to do the perimeter of the roof but this year I would like to cover the entire roof. I am checking to see if anyone else has tried this and what they used to hold the net lights in place. I checked the forums and only found one other person talking about this back in 2009 but all the pictures and links are dead. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Net Lights on Roof

I would also be interested to hear how they're being secured without damaging the roof.

My guess would be, zip tie them all together, then just tie the sides down to the ground?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sandbags
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes

Post Thanks / Like

i did a small net a few years back the plan was for the whole roof to be cover I switch to pixels that was the end of that. I used light clips that slide into the shingles with black rope going from net to the clips. I got 6 boxes from Lowes for for like .50 each after Christmas sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this is helpful but I know that Disney uses fishing nets to mount lights and then drape the fishing nets over Cinderellaís castle at the Magic Kingdom. If you havenít seen he castle during Christmas, google for pics or video.

I have also thought about doing what youíre saying but donít have the cash flow for my idea right now. Itís also 2 stories up so thatís another challenge I have. For my house, my leading idea would be to use PVC to ďframeĒ the roof and then mount the lights to the PVC frame then somehow secure the PVC to the roof or house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaynardFerguson View Post
    I would also be interested to hear how they're being secured without damaging the roof.

My guess would be, zip tie them all together, then just tie the sides down to the ground?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Maynard I am trying to send you a PM and your inbox is full!

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that they would have to be at least 6 inches up off of the roof so that the snow that we can get here in Omaha would not cover them up.
    Doug

Having Fun with Wire Frames and Lights.

www.wireframedlites.com
    Custom Hand Made In USA

FaceBook:
    http://www.facebook.com/wireframedlites

Phillips Family Display
    http://www.facebook.com/phillipsfamilydisplay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dougp View Post
    I would think that they would have to be at least 6 inches up off of the roof so that the snow that we can get here in Omaha would not cover them up.
    I think it might look cool with the snow covering the lights, kinda making the snow glow. My main issue is if the snow starts to slide off the roof that it doesn't take the lights with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I do my roof line with a PVC frame. The plan for next year is to use that frame as securing points for the net lights. I secure the PVC frame to roof anchors I had roofers install when I had my roof redone a couple years back. Ill take pics in a couple of weeks when I start laying out all the lights.

10. Likes daveaase liked this post