Thread: Looking to use the FPP to Control Some Projectors for Halloween.... Bluetooth Audio?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking to use the FPP to Control Some Projectors for Halloween.... Bluetooth Audio?

So I havent attempted doing it yet... But I was considering using a couple projectors and FPP's controlling them. I was thinking of using some portable bluetooth speakers hidden in the yard for 'spooky sounds, etc...' and was wondering if anyone has been able to use a bluetooth speaker with a RPI3? Can the FPP support audio through the bluetooth when playing a video.. or does it have to use the HDMI or audio jacks?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking to use the FPP to Control Some Projectors for Halloween.... Bluetooth Aud

Iíve got usb audio working on it. I think Bluetooth would also work this way. I had to patch omxplayer to a newer version though so it supports alsa audio output. Not sure if that has made it into the main code tree though. Thereís a thread about it on the falcon forum from last December that should contain all the details on how to do it.
    Keep in mind that audio on synced slaves is subject to the speed adjustment. So itís gonna sound funny. But for just spooky sounds, you may not need sync so it might work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk